SAU Community

Nagoya Motors? First Time Import.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get a 350GT MANUAL unless your in NSW, where they are illegal for us P platers.

Which state are you in? I bought a 350GT as my first car and i LOVE it

They are also illegal in QLD for P Platers.. you were just lucky to get a High Power Exemption.. :P

They are also illegal in QLD for P Platers.. you were just lucky to get a High Power Exemption.. :P

206kw is legal but the power to weight ratio is illegal, cops arent gonna know that.

i dont have an exemption lol

Yeah bro once i saw you got your licence suspended i did pretty thorough research to make sure i wasn't driving an illegal car, even though i technically am. But i doubt police officers are going to bother checking the power to weight ratio when i get pulled over. Its pretty f**ked u lost yours just because NSW is still 200KW :/

Yeah stay away from Nagoya or at least have an I dependant mechanical inspection if your not knowledgable.

On what grounds are you basing this 'opinion' of yours ?

Nagoya have been fantastic for me, they are fixing mistakes a PREVIOUS employee made still, a year later..

Even customers who brought cars that Demetri private imported thinking it was being brought from Nagoya...

Cody is amazing. I have 100% trust in him.

Edited by R6n350GT

My mate has a auto he likes the tiptronic gearbox but nothing beats a manual. The stock exhaust has a seriously nice roar at around 4k RPM 2nd gear i love it

i have a HKS high flow/power replica on my car, its so loud i cant record the sound cauz it distorts the mic on my phone :D i love the exhaust all the cops look at me and give the stare but i have not been pulled over since i bought the car over a year ago, been followed a few times but nothing more then that.

i have a HKS high flow/power replica on my car, its so loud i cant record the sound cauz it distorts the mic on my phone :D i love the exhaust all the cops look at me and give the stare but i have not been pulled over since i bought the car over a year ago, been followed a few times but nothing more then that.

haha man it's definately the G spot on the cars exhaust, that mark around 4k rpm 2nd gear is insane i love that stock roar. I have only been pulled up once, first question "how many killowatts is this thing?"

haha

Unless they are willing to put you on a dyno, its however many kilowatts you want to say it is, and that would be a Wheel kilowatt number thus being lower than the flywheel anyway, so you would get away with it

• 8 months later...

Cody isn't there anymore, NEVER BUY from Nagoya! My car with a supposed 60,000 km on the clock, had less when i brought it, it's done 2 front wheel bearings, front CV joint gone, turbo gone, replacement is on its way out already! Not replaced that long ago.

A well built jdm car should not flog out all that stuff in sub 60,xxx km's!!

Wow that's a real smart thing to say tom. I guess then if I'm new you to SAU you could only assume this is my 1st car as well right and that I'm 17?

And since that you have over 1000 post you would be considered a car god right?

Like to also mention that there compliance is done in house... Child restrains are a part of that compliance.. 1st bit of rain we had the boot started leaking water in... Why you may ask... Because the blokes installed the mounts in the water Chanel and didn't seal it, water ended up down inside the boot, behind the tail lights and in the carpet... Amature hour at the least

Ok guys. Yes, I found Tom's response irrelevant too. I don't have many posts here either but I'd lay many $$s that I've owned more generations of Skylines for longer than most of you. Regardless, just trying to make a point - It's not all about numbers.

My latest Skyline is a Series 2 V35 coupe from Nagoya. Bought it almost 3 years ago. Beautiful vehicle - perfect condition. Has done me well. Very happy. Sorry to hear about your personal experience Joel. It's not typical.

Wow... just wow.

Someone woke up grumpy as hell.

My comment wasn't related to post count genius, it was about this forum's general courtesies towards local businesses (i.e. you don't come on here to do what you just did.)

PM the OP of this thread if you wanna share information like that.

This thread wasn't opened so people such as yourself could say nothing but bad things about Nagoya in an attempt to ruin their reputation.

YOU had a bad experience with them, many others in this thread didn't.

Grow up princess, your hostility and inflation of a simple comment is laughable :yes:

Yes Cody has gone.. i have had a very sour experiance ... i would no longer recommend Nagoya.

Short story, in 2010 brought my car when Dmitry worked there, flew down and drove it back with my step dad. When i got there Dmitry said car had just arrived so was not on the website yet, turned out to be a personal import, i didnt know at the time.(even if he admitted it, i had just spent $300 on tickets, as if im gonna say nah even thou car and price is perfect and is what im looking for im gonna go spend another $300 in flights because its not through nagoya...) The initally warranty card i got from him was fake, the compliance they do is fraud, they say they put in a alarm but none was..

Anyway my 24,000 engine was using lots of oil, i did drive it hard i admit but serviced it every 5k. Cody tried to help and sold me $2000 warranty for top $5000 level engine cover by National Warranty Group. These guys are the biggest scam ever, they have 2 clauses. 1. normal wear and tear, 2. Consequencial damage. Basically that gets them out of everything and if it happnes to be that somthing breaks in the engine then they will only replace that part and nothing else that is damaged by that part being broken.

So i went to claim for rebuild when they told me to strip my engine down to find the cause and they determed it was "normal wear and tear" that makes a 30,000-60,000km engine use lots of oil.. so no claim and it cost me lots in labour to pull engine and strip it down. $2000 for warranty which is useless, no way would they pay out $5000 when they only have to use 2nd hand part and not fix all the damge... they even voided my warranty after i was arguing with them and asking for a refund... now i have no claim and no warranty.

What did Nagoya have to say? Well the owder Alex (who i had never heard of or seen) was soooo insulted like i had personally set out to rip him off when i brought the car from dmitry in 2010 from his former employee, that alex no longer wanted to help or give me a refund for a warranty i should not have been sold in the first place..

Stay away from both Nagoya and esp National Warranty Company Scam...

Edited by R6n350GT