SAU Community

R34 Auto Into An R33, Will It Bolt Up?

Just wanna know if it will bolt to the engine and tail shaft, also if the 33 shifter will hook up although thats not essential and the electronics don't matter as it will be manual shift and Im using a pfc so there will be no computer to work it.

It's a tiptronic style transmission. Are you sure that you have the electronics side of it sorted? Really sure?

come to think of it maybe not, i assumed you could run it thru the gears with a normal T bar manually and not use the tiptronic side of it........

picture here

In that image it has the P R N D 3 2 on its own which i assume are connected to the box by an arm, i didnt realise there was no 1st on there tho, i know mv do an electronic box for the 33 that makes it so it will change gears when ever you tell it to and cancels out all the electronic side of the box, i assumed the 34 would do the same, will send them an email and see if they have anything.

The TCU for the R34 box is inside the ECU. PowerFC or not, there's a lot of extra hassle right there. It's not like an R33 where there was a separate TCU box that MV could replace with their brute force and ignorance control box.

I think you'd be better off considering a 33 tranny myself.

Edited by GTSBoy