SAU Community

Review: Hankook Ventus Sport K104

Got these tyres put on Friday.

17' 235 all round

Went for a drive Thought the grampians on Saturday and was very impressed so much better than my old sava tyres highly recomend them.

Grip has improved a lot on take off's but its still difficult to get a good launch.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had the K104's: 235/40ZR 18 [93Y] fitted to front and rear ends, I will report back once I have put some kays on them but I already know they are better than what was on previoulsy! :)

• 1 month later...

I have had it on a few track days, nothing special on the track, once they heat up, get very squirmy... i'm sure there are a lot worse, but i'm sure there are better... for a street tyre i can't complain. I'm down to probably under 50% tread now and they are starting to feel like it to.

• 4 weeks later...

Pete, i have 'em on my car. Not sure is you paid attention to road noise when we went for a quick sprint, but i couldn't be happier (for the comparitive price) with the tyres.

Munna,

How's first gear full throttle with the Hankooks?

Good, grips and thows you back in your seat. But it does depend on the surface of the road will spin all the way though first on the smooth looking road. A lot better than my old tires.

Since no one else is praising any tyres, have gone and ordered a set. Will be arriving tomorrow, so fitting then.  

Price was certainly right. Only 16" tho.

How much did you get the 16" tyres for?

Hi.

I've only done about 200 klms on mine so far, probably still quite waxy, but the traction is great. I have 200 rwkw and my previous tyres (although they were crap) would break traction at 4000 rpm. The Hankooks, barely skip at all.

They corner really well to for street driving.

I'll put more up when I've done a few more ks and driven some of my more favorite roads.

How much did you get the 16" tyres for?

Make sure you get them from a place that is a preffered supplier of Hankooks. There is a list on their website.

There is a massive price difference.

I have Also bought the K104

I haven't had a chance to try them out much, but I know it has more grip than my previous set..

I paid 285$cdn for R: 255x35x18 and 181$ for F:`215x40x17

total price with mounting and balancing: 1100 with 15% taxe

So all in all, not bad.