SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

Keen to see the dyno results on this Piggaz ..

I am too! HURRY UP FARKEN!!!!

Just ordered at Nismo GT PRO diff centre to go into the rear. It was either that or a Quaife. That'll stop the single peggers which have started since putting the front Quaife unit in!!!

Rightio. Bit of an update.

At 19 PSI (boost controller turned off) it's best run was 417 rwkw at 7400 RPM . That stupid missfire is still there. A few theories floating around at the moment. A dud valve spring or injectors (although AFR's are holding true even when its doing its silly noise). Yavuz did make the comment of "there is so much left in this".

We turned the controller on to do a few tests. 26 PSI was all in by 4300 RPM. I did see 375 rwkw by 5000 RPM (at 23 PSI I think) which is pretty close to my goal of 400rwkw by 5K! Yavuz did say we are looking at 440-450 rwkw. Considering cams have not been touched yet, it's looking promising.

Also. I switched across to an ECU called "Blackbox". Unigroup run this in their Racecar. Its been made into a plug-in version for our cars. I only ditched the link because I ran out of input's on the Link. Ethanol Content sensor's, Oil pressure, fuel pressure, wideband blah blah. Yavuz made me jump in the seat and have a play with the throttle. It's so bloody touchy! I noticed this change going from Power FC to the Link, but it's that again.

Mad stuff. That black box is freaky!!

Guy plugged it into my 34 along with MAP hose to ECU and started and run after a minute configuring inputs etc on his laptop.

Then Paul made my engine suck a rag.......eh Paul :no:

417 on 19 pounds .. This is gonna make some when its sorted properly and you turn the wick up .

Hopefully you get the miss sorted soon .

Btw, what cams are you using now ?...or is that something your keeping hush hush on .

Mad stuff. That black box is freaky!!

Guy plugged it into my 34 along with MAP hose to ECU and started and run after a minute configuring inputs etc on his laptop.

Then Paul made my engine suck a rag.......eh Paul :no:

Sorry about that. I was trying to help by cleaning your pipes out. :D. We are going to run fuel temp compensation just because we can :D

417 on 19 pounds .. This is gonna make some when its sorted properly and you turn the wick up .

Hopefully you get the miss sorted soon .

Btw, what cams are you using now ?...or is that something your keeping hush hush on .

Yeah the miss is pissing us all off. Stupid thing. Cams are between 258 and 262 with + 10.8mm of lift. We ground our own as we found the JUN and Tomei ramp rates wern't aggresive enough! Yavuz has since made a more rampier cam. Bugger bucket and lobe wear. Give me air! :D

Gotta breathe!!....says me with stock cams haha...

Miss could be down to a trigger issue, a tooth is just that tiny bit out at x RPM.....

Just poking in the dark!!!!, as you guys have been through the plugs, coils, ecu ect...

Gotta breathe!!....says me with stock cams haha...

Miss could be down to a trigger issue, a tooth is just that tiny bit out at x RPM.....

Just poking in the dark!!!!, as you guys have been through the plugs, coils, ecu ect...

There are no flashes on the trigger box inside the car. If you hold half throttle it'll go to 8,500-9000 RPM without an issue. It's just when you load the farker up! Every single run it does it. Injectors are first then go from there :(. FFS, I just wanna launch it and row gears!!!!!!!

Sorry about that. I was trying to help by cleaning your pipes out. :D. We are going to run fuel temp compensation just because we can :D

Yeah the miss is pissing us all off. Stupid thing. Cams are between 258 and 262 with + 10.8mm of lift. We ground our own as we found the JUN and Tomei ramp rates wern't aggresive enough! Yavuz has since made a more rampier cam. Bugger bucket and lobe wear. Give me air! :D

Jeez, that quite a bit of lift and not as much duration as I thought you would probably be using .

Jeez, that quite a bit of lift and not as much duration as I thought you would probably be using .

Dont need 280's\290's in a street car. At some stage we will be going smaller duration (about 255ish) but more lift (11.3 +). See how that goes.

Also, this is all using the factory airbox!

sounds very promising Paul.

Be really keen to see how she pulls once your miss is sorted and 23psi of pure love ;)

Edited by Ants

sounds very promising Paul.

Be really keen to see how she pulls once your miss is sorted and 23psi of pure love ;)

It'll be tuned for 25. Gonna do a "hero run" at 30 to see what these little babies can do. I'd say they will be all over by 25 psi but whats one run? haha.

I'll probably dial the intake cam back a fraction more the get more midrange. See what the engine likes.

Dont need 280's\290's in a street car. At some stage we will be going smaller duration (about 255ish) but more lift (11.3 +). See how that goes.

Also, this is all using the factory airbox!

Your engine sounds very similar to what mine is ( capacity & your intended power level ).

I wasn't entertaining the use of 280's or 290's...but was thinking something along the lines of a 10.5 & 268 , since one of my old JUN's is now damaged.

You have now chucked a curve ball at me in regards to the cams I will go with ..so I eagerly await a proper figure once sorted from your test mule . :D

And I will be keeping the factory air box , but using a large carbon duct to the bottom of it that came off Geoff fear's gtr .

Edited by ezy_09s

Very strong paul, congrats thus far...once sorted, its time to enjoy that car and get it out of the workshop :) rowing gears looool

So this setup will be dedicated for e85 only?