With the following mods

Turbo back 3.5" HKS exhaust

Apexi Panel Air Filter

Blitz ProSpec 2 EBC

Nistune ECU

Splitfire Coilpacks

OS Geiken Twin Plate Clutch

Greedy Front Mount Intercooler

I am currently still running a stock turbo but i want to move onto something low mount which is better then my stock one and ive run into a problem which one to choose im stuck between two turbos.

One of them is a Hypergear ATR43 G3: http://www.digi-hardware.com/atr43.html

Or this Kinugawa TD06 Turbo: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Kinugawa-Turbocharger-3-Nissan-RB25DET-TD06H-w-Garrett-60-1-12cm-500HP-/290705745228?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43af69a54c

I am mainly looking for a turbo which can make at least 370 hp and i want to know which one would be the most reliable and i dont have any plans on running any more then 20psi of boost

The reason i am going Low mount is that ive made my car to look more like a sleeper and i like the idea of a low mount thats internally gated and its a cheaper option as well.

If you know of any other better turbos up to the $1500 mark, could you guys recommend me some.

I really appreciate if anyone can help me out

Your Truly,

NickPerth

They are both proven performers... Did you read both threads? You should be able to make an informed decision with the info on there for your own needs, you dont want to get a turbo because someone on a forum said it was better than the other and then find out that its not what suits you. I think HG may suit you better due to the stealth theme AND budget.... But others may lean you towards the Kinugawa, YOUR choice man!

if you def want internally gated and all the other requirements are rock solid, (sleeper, low mount, cheap ) then you have no options, you have to get a HG turbo...

Kinugawa, if you had of read the thread, has most people saying externally gated is the way to go...

Im sure a few others will come in with their own opinions as well and you'll be left confused by the replies and at the end of it you'll make your own decision anyways...

the forums has heaps of info about turbo choice, you just need to read.

Im sure a few others will come in with their own opinions as well and you'll be left confused by the replies and at the end of it you'll make your own decision anyways...

the forums has heaps of info about turbo choice, you just need to read.

This.

You should be able to get a GT3076 for under that price delivered, have you asked street to track or someone else that supplies from the US?

For the turbo only, yeah probably... But then he needs to change lines etc... and not as stealth which i think is his goal... Plus without doing the fuel system (no mention of it) the 3076 would be out of its efficiency range at lower boost levels maybe? I dunno, just thinking the HG would be the easy way to go and what the OP is chasing...

Speaking from experience, the ATR43 G3 isn't really stealthy either. It's very obvious. Even when I had the smaller G2 and I was worried about getting pinged for it so tried my hardest to make it look stock, it still stood out. That's what made me decide to ditch the stealth idea and go all out.

The only way you will ever get a truly stealthy turbo is if you highflow and make use of the stock housings, otherwise you should forget it. Otherwise if just being low mount is stealthy enough for you, the G3 will work :thumbsup:

STT $1235 GT3076IW plus will need oil/water lines, spacer, dump and an intake solution. It will be over $1500 but will be equally as stealthy/unstealthy as other options mentioned and both of those will require some changes to intake, oil/water, dump.

Like I said it should be on the table as an option. If you are short of cash save up for another few weeks until you can afford to buy the right part for your application. If the cheapest option meets your needs then go for it but my experience has taught me that cheaper doesn't always work out better in the long run.

Cheap and stealthy is hi-flow territory.

i forgot to mention i already have injectors and upgraded fuel pump, i got nismo 740cc injectors and bosch 044 fuel pump

What i meant by 1.5k was just for the turbo and i know ill have to change the lines and dump pipe which is fine for me for the extra cost.

What im sort of looking is a good turbo which will has a bit of response so its not too laggy and i am down for paying a bit more to buy a decent turbo which wont fail unlike the cheap ebay stuff. But i am pretty much looking for a turbo with decent response and can make at least 360 at the rears, while my ideal goal would be 400 but anything between 360-400 hp would be great.

I did orginally look at the HG highflow option but im not sure how good they are espically there PU highflow options.

Though i am interested in a GT3076 Though i would like to know were are you guys are getting these prices.

I have had a read in the kinugawa thread and the HG thread but theres a lot of mix reviews and i just want to some opinions that would suit my ideal sort of setup.

Yours Truly,

NickPerth

If that is the case it does open up the 3076 option and i think it would be a good one for you, however the Kando and HG are both proven performers AND i am biased as i have a Garrett ;)

i forgot to mention i already have injectors and upgraded fuel pump, i got nismo 740cc injectors and bosch 044 fuel pump

What i meant by 1.5k was just for the turbo and i know ill have to change the lines and dump pipe which is fine for me for the extra cost.

What im sort of looking is a good turbo which will has a bit of response so its not too laggy and i am down for paying a bit more to buy a decent turbo which wont fail unlike the cheap ebay stuff. But i am pretty much looking for a turbo with decent response and can make at least 360 at the rears, while my ideal goal would be 400 but anything between 360-400 hp would be great.

I did orginally look at the HG highflow option but im not sure how good they are espically there PU highflow options.

Though i am interested in a GT3076 Though i would like to know were are you guys are getting these prices.

I have had a read in the kinugawa thread and the HG thread but theres a lot of mix reviews and i just want to some opinions that would suit my ideal sort of setup.

Yours Truly,

NickPerth

There is quite a big difference between 360 and 400 though, so make sure you decide which one you want to aim for. You might be able to get 360rwhp from a HG highflow, but you won't get 400 and achieve anything near decent response. If you want 400 and are willing to consider the other HG turbos, the SS2 has been netting some very impressive results.

I think you will find that with the HG thread, there had been a lot of moaning and complaining from us customers not making expected numbers early on. But more recently, these same people have been getting our setups sorted out and we are starting to make the numbers. Have a look through the RB25 dyno thread as well, the SS2 has been pulling the numbers and has very good response. The G3 is also making numbers, but is down a bit on response.

I am mainly looking for a turbo which can make at least 370 hp and i want to know which one would be the most reliable and i dont have any plans on running any more then 20psi of boost

Get a High Flow from Hypergear, the RB20 high flow I have runs 20psi and it's putting out ~ 370hp at the engine.

Get a High Flow from Hypergear, the RB20 high flow I have runs 20psi and it's putting out ~ 370hp at the engine.

He did specify at the wheels.

Wolverine - when is ur turbo coming onto boost and full boost?

On the dyno from memory (as I lost all my scanned dyno plots) it reaches peak 22.5psi by 4000rpm ish but with the extra load on the road it is a bit earlier.

I will have to pay attention next time on the road where it comes off vaccuum/on boost in 4th.

Streettotrack is where I got my price from.

Don't rule out a hiflow as they are cheap and make good usable power for the street. The GT3076 is always going to need a few more revs to get going than a smaller turbo like the HG SS1 PU but ultimately if the turbo makes 180-200rwkw by 4000rpm it will be plenty quick.

Some will have more top end but suffer with transient throttle response and some will be make a few less hp but be much more lively to drive. Don't get too tied up in dyno plots of turbos in isolation since there is so much more to how they drive once you get behind the wheel.