SAU Community

Import Thefts On The Rise

SecretR33GTR

Recently we have had 6 people in our workshop saying how they had purchased a fresh import and within weeks the cars had been stolen.

The most interesting 2 were the following -

The guys S15 was taken from his driveway in bellevue hill sydney only a week after he demanded warranty on the car. Wait they rolled his dads new merc out of the driveway first. Does this sound strange ?

The second was a guy with a black evo 5 that he picked up the week earlier. He'd parked the car in his mates driveway, went inside and was out within 10mins - car gone with a dealer fitted alarm. Now this guy is a big boy you would not mess with and he knows the car thieves in his area. Does this one sound strange ?

Neither car recovered.

What bugs me is the cops told both owners that "ah you bought the car from XXXXXXX" yet nothing seems to be getting done.

There are so many parts suddenly turning up on eBay at such cheap prices you have to wonder where all the parts come from.

Any thoughts out there ?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that's why our insurance premiums go north eh?

Subsequently over the past two years, two insurance companies no longer cover grey imports.

I mean the ones that clamp on your steering wheel. If you get one of the more expensive ones they are reenforced with titanium and you would need specific tools to get em off and a lot of time..

The one i have even has a guarantee that if the car gets stolen They will pay any insurance excess incurred.

There is no defence against these kind of insanity though; makes me shiver :wacko:

his climbing in to your windows, his snatching your imports up trying to steal them so you need to hide your kids, hide your wife and hide your import because they stealing everything out here.

Nah seriously might be someone that works for the dealer that can get access to the information about the buyer, he then passes it on to his thief mates or is part of the crime ring and ends up

profiting $$$.

Saw a black evo 5 parked in Rosebery, yesterday. First thing I though of was this thread. Had a coolant leak. Otherwise was just a normal looking evo.

I was thinking of that story about the man who saw the 'double bubble' flashing in his rear vision mirror

> accelerated away

> police caught up and said, "You've been speeding and didn't you see us flashing you?"

> driver replies, "Yes but my wife left home for a copper; and I though you were trying to bring her back!"

> so here's me having second thoughts about "hiding my wife" lol

Bought my 33 before joining and reading just how many are going missing. Really Paranoid.

I agree with u but just get it insured fulll comp and TRY not leave it in shit areas/ Dead areas.

cant do much , This is why i bought a daily drive . its a joke