SAU Community

Which Whiteline parts?

I'll apologise for the repetitive questions first up, its a little confusing trying to understand what certain suspension parts do and react. I'm wanting to improve my handling with some whiteline parts but am not sure whats needed and whats over the top?

Currently have...

- Lowered springs and aftermarket shocks

- Front and rear strut braces

Looking at getting the 'Handling Pack'...

- Front and rear sway bars

- Front castor kit

- Rear camber kit

I'll probably also get a set of Pineapples, I plan on hitting the track in the future, so is there anything else I should consider, front camber kit maybe?...

after seeing what a huge improvement a front strut brace made would a rear strut brace + front/rear swaybars make a difference as well? ('91 R32 GTS [RB20DE])

Looking at getting the 'Handling Pack'...

Sway bars will give the best improvement for your dollar so get them first.

But they are only as good as the rest of your suspension.

get the full kit if you can or get the sway bars first!.

I don't know much about handling mods, but i was under the impression sway bars do alot more than strut braces...

yes that's right, you'll notice better handling characteristics with sway bars compared to strut braces.

Strut braces really only come into effect when your pushing the car hard through the corners.

the handling pack will work very well with what you already have, it's the logical next step for you i think.

Chuck in the pinapples and you're laughing.

FYI It's exactly what i'll be doing next.

This is what has been recommended by Whiteline for starters, its nice to actually get a company (Whiteline) that takes time to explain stuff to noobies, its what really clinches sales in my book...

KCA349

Rear sub-frame align kit (Pineapples)

KCA347

Rear Control Arm Upper- Camber Adj

BNR11Z

H/duty swaybar-rr Blade adjust.

BNF24Z

H/duty swaybar-fr Blade adjust.

Hmm, well I would recommend the castor bushes (or better still adjustable castor rods) before camber adjustors.

Camber adjusters are only of use really if you have too much camber have your alignment checked before jumping in and buying these

My 2c worth

salival, rear strut brace doesnt make as much difference unfortuneately - go the sway bars.