SAU Community

My Bayside Blue R34 Vspec Gtr - Finally Detailed

well done man very impressed. i respect a person that details their own car.

i wouldnt have the balls to sand mine though

very impressive

all the best

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome job!

Love the detail you get into.

Regarding the S.F.H.C sticker on the back window - is this stnadard?

Edited by PAV34

Awesome job!

I wondered that too? i have it still on mine.

well done man very impressed. i respect a person that details their own car.

i wouldnt have the balls to sand mine though

very impressive

all the best

Thanks mate, appreciate the kind words.

What is the worst thing that can happen? End up with a satin finish gtr...might look good in blue haha

Great att'n to detail - as usual ! :thumbsup:

The thickness of paint in the engine bay (and worse still in the boot) is a bit tenuous.

Thanks mate. Will need you see you again soon so you can meet her in person after the make over.

Yep, really thin paint in the boot so definately no compound in there. Cant wait to get in to the engine bay piece. I've got all the detailing components I need.

1) Blood

2) Sweat

3) Tears.

Awesome job!

Hi mate,

Appreciate the kind words.

Regarding SFHC, I believe that was a paint feature from Nissan - "Super Fine Hard Coat". Not sure if it was a factory option of paint protection or certain colours had this feature.

From the pics I obtained of her in Japan, she already had the sticker on previously, and you could still see the rough outline of where the sticker was before I polished the glass. So felt right putting it back on. (And easy to get the exact position for this one too).

Have you used RainX much before? I used it on my work ute a while back and it was great, for about 2 weeks. After that it made the windscreen 10x harder to clean than it originally was so I stopped using it... Am i doing it wrong?

Have you used RainX much before? I used it on my work ute a while back and it was great, for about 2 weeks. After that it made the windscreen 10x harder to clean than it originally was so I stopped using it... Am i doing it wrong?

Hey mate, I've used it on probably 6 or 7 cars now with good results.

I do polish the glass first with the extreme clean product. And when I apply the actual rain X, I do two layers to ensure complete coverage and make sure I remove all of it. (I also use microfibre cloths, which incase you couldnt tell - are one of my favourite things).

Very Nice work.... Any tips on detailing the Diffuser... mine is looking a bit tired...

Thanks mate.

I just unbolted it then used standard car wash and a soft sponge to scrub it. Had to be careful that the bits of gravel that naturally get stuck to it - didnt come loose and scratch it up. So keep an eye out for this.

I didnt remove the brackets from the actual diffuser as they are riveted on and the damage on them was purely surface rust / cosmetic. I just spent ages masking up everything except the brackets with 3M tape and newspaper for spraying.

I was almost going to shoot the carbon with some 3M heat proof clear I have laying in my garage, but went against it on the day - its not a part that you really see anyway so didnt feel it was too necessary.

Hi All,

Well this thread has turned in to a bit of a detailing diary. Hopefully its a good read and people can grab helpful info out of it.

Part 3 -

- New front and rear GTR badges have arrived

- Polishing and refitting of front vspec diffuser

My front diffuser has recently been professionally refinished in a semi gloss black. After allowing a few weeks for the paint to harden, today I applied a coat of Meguiars Ultimate Polish followed by a coat of Meguiars Ultimate Wax. Application was done by hand with Meguiars foam applicators and removed with microfibre towels.

Also, my replacement new genuine Nissan GTR front and rear badges have arrived. I have taken a close up of old compared to new. Hoping to get them on to the car some time this weekend and will take better pics. Its the small things which make all the difference.

Cheers.

img46761024x683.jpg

img46851024x683.jpg

splitter1024x683.jpg

front1024x683.jpg

rearbadge1024x683.jpg

frontbadge1024x683.jpg

compare1024x683.jpg

Looks good mate!

Have you ever thought of adjusting your number plate up by drilling holes lower in the plate? I did this on mine to cover up the indented area that the jap plates sit flush into. Imo lt looks heaps cleaner if you cover that area up... Check out pics of mine if you want to have a look.

Looks good mate!

Have you ever thought of adjusting your number plate up by drilling holes lower in the plate? I did this on mine to cover up the indented area that the jap plates sit flush into. Imo lt looks heaps cleaner if you cover that area up... Check out pics of mine if you want to have a look.

Hey mate, Cheers.

I like the way the plates sit. With my jap cars, I always just get a bit of clear hose and cut it to size so it extends it out a little bit and doesnt hit or scratch the bumper.

And I previously refinished the front number plate bracket on the GTR in satin black. SO dont mind if its on show.