SAU Community

My Bayside Blue R34 Vspec Gtr - Finally Detailed

Hi Everyone,

I love detailing. Just finished the process on my R34 Vspec GTR and thought i'd share the results.

Took me 12.5 hours in total over a 2 day period, done with my DA polisher + Lake Country pads and microfibre towels.

As a high level summary, the items i used in order are -

1) Meguiars Nxt Generation car wash (With Meguiars microfibre pad and chamois)

2) Meguiars smooth surface clay bar kit

3) Rubber masking with 3M blue tape and newspaper over windows, wheels - etc

4) Meguiars Ultimate Compound (Lake Country Wool pad, followed by orange foam pad)

5) 2000 / 3000 grit wet sand (focusing on areas needing the attention)

6) Mothers Powerball mini with Meguiars Ultimate Compound on hard to reach areas

7) Meguiars Ultimate Polish (With Lake Country White foam pad)

8) Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax (With Lake Country blue foam pad)

9) Meguiars Plastx with Mothers Powerball mini on all lights

10) Autosol metal polish with another Mothers Powerball mini for exhaust

10) Meguiars Nxt Generation car wash (With Meguiars microfibre pad and chamois)

11) Polish residue removal with a tooth brush and artists brush)

Im no pro, but I do recommend the Meguiars 'Ultimate' line, i've ended up with the smooth as glass swirl free finish I desired. I've also used the Menzerna Fast Gloss line previously with similar successful results. It all depends how much time and patience you have to stand there jeweling the paint.

For me, next its on to the rubber restoration piece and glass polishing. Then its the engine bay and interior.

Cant wait to put her vspec front diffuser back on, the car looks so much more agressive with it. I've just had it refinished in the original satin black. Brand new GTR badges are also on the way.

After the detailing proess, I took some close up photos of the common wear and tear areas to share.

Enjoy.

img39681024x683.jpg

img40001024x683.jpg

img40101024x683.jpg

img40491024x683.jpg

img40741024x683.jpg

img41111024x683.jpg

img41211024x683.jpg

img41531024x683.jpg

img41541024x683.jpg

img41551024x683.jpg

img41721024x683.jpg

img41741024x683.jpg

img41791024x683.jpg

img41841024x683.jpg

img42001024x683.jpg

img41811024x683.jpg

img42121024x683.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How your arms and shoulders feeling sore . hehe

Looks killer 12hrs all up is amazing work , just wondering if you alchohol prep between stages with FI light cleanse

I find meguiares residue is whiter and harder to remove than most products .

Looking good mate, well done!!

I was thinking of posting up some pics of the detail on my car, got some good before and afters, although I cannot take credit for any of the work ha..

How your arms and shoulders feeling sore . hehe Looks killer 12hrs all up is amazing work , just wondering if you alchohol prep between stages with FI light cleanse I find meguiares residue is whiter and harder to remove than most products .

Thanks mate.

Buffers get heavier the longer you hold them dont they.

You are right about the dust residue, mainly with the Meguiars compound - it dusts alot harder than Menzerna.

I tape up all the holes, gaps and rubbers on the body to simplify the cleaning of the dust. And pick up as much of it as I can with Microfibre towels as I go through the process. I also ensure I also dont use too much product on the pads, as obviously only a small portion of it bonds to the paint, the rest is just wasted and also very hard to remove.

Simple trick - I occasionally spray a light mist of either Meguiars Quick Detailer or Mothers Showtime on the buffing pad to keep it slightly wet and prevent dusting.

Edited by iwanta34gtr

Looking good mate, well done!! I was thinking of posting up some pics of the detail on my car, got some good before and afters, although I cannot take credit for any of the work ha..

Thanks mate. Definately post up some pics in a thread if you get a chance, I'd love to see them.

I will post more pics in this thread as I complete detailing each part.

Looks imaculate mate great outcome !

Quick question, how much did all the detailing components set you back roughly?? Exterior detailing is not one of my strong passions as it tests my patience abit too much for my liking lol

Looks imaculate mate great outcome !

Quick question, how much did all the detailing components set you back roughly?? Exterior detailing is not one of my strong passions as it tests my patience abit too much for my liking lol

Thanks mate. Hard to put a dollar figure on the products, it depends what size bottles you get - etc.

Hi All,

Part 2.

- Glass polished and application of brand new genuine Nissan stickers

- Restoration of all rear diffuser brackets

Glass polishing was performed with Rain-X Xtreme Clean, followed by a standard application of Rain-X Original. Application and removal of both products was done using microfibre towels.

Also applied brand new genuine Nissan rear quarter and rear window stickers I ordered directly from Nissan. Exact sticker placement measurements were obtained from Ant in this thread - http://www.skylinesa...v-cut-security/ (Thanks again mate).

Diffuser brackets were restored using 800 / 1200 / 2000 grit wet and dry, followed by 5 light coats of generic flat black high temperature paint. Also refinished the black covers which sit on the bottom of the number plate brackets.

Cheers.

img42701024x683.jpg

img42971024x683.jpg

img42951024x683.jpg

img4328closer1024x683.jpg

Edited by iwanta34gtr

How much do u charge :)

Seriously great detailing!

I have the autoglym range for my car but never polished the windows...I will do this for sure!

What are tour Diffusers made of, carbon?

How much do u charge :)

Seriously great detailing!

I have the autoglym range for my car but never polished the windows...I will do this for sure!

What are tour Diffusers made of, carbon?

Hi mate, cheers for the kind words.

Yep, rear diffuser is made of a massive piece of dry carbon.

I think the most effort I've put into cleaning my car was 30mins.

Now I never wash anything, cars are for driving haha.

Car looks mint man, nice.

Thanks mate, will post up some more pics as I complete the rest.