SAU Community

Toffs Track Hack - R32 Love

Ok soi bought this thing from melbourne auctions , hail damaged (for those of you who don't know me , i have a bit of a habit for buying cars randomly ) Anyway , i planned origionally on making it pretty and using it as a daily (i have other cars i planned on using for track , they have their own threads on other sections in this forum) but upon pickingit up it was alot rougher than i expected , so it has sat in my garage while i decided what to do with it. Here are the specs as it was picked up (or as it sits)

Rb20det

5spd

hd clutch of some sort

3in exhaust (with stock cat converter :P )

almost blown 25 turbo (it touches the housings by the sound of it)

hicas lock

sunroof (for those sunny tassie days)

a couple gauges

boost tee

walbro f/pump

ohlins front coilovers

My plans for the car now are basically , register it then go to as many track/drift/hill climbs as the car can handle (or i can afford! )

parts i have accumulated to date:

td05-16g

fmic

buddy club p1 (bronze)

rack spacers

hsd coilovers

gtr front bar

m - side skirts

parts i will be accumulating:

nistune

injectors

z32 afm

de-cat pipe (for track ofcourse)

shim diff or 2-way (i have shims , but yet to decide if a cbf putting them in over a 2nd hand 2way)

roll cage (bond or if anyone knows of something better)

once rego is passed , it will be put on a big diet , but i will update as it goes :)

pics: (pics are coming , i will edit

Yeah mate , people tell me i have a problem , i don't see it :P . What would be a good site for uploading pics so i can put them on here? . Out of curiosity justin , what do you think one of those td05 will be like on a 20? were they laggy on your 26??

Yeah but im looking for response , i know keeping the 20 isn't the wisest choice but i want something i can learn in before chasing big power , once im confident with ~200-220 ish rwk i plan on moving to rb26 with probably a t67 or 3076 and chase 350rwk once im comfortable with the car , it will be running on e85 as soon as i find/afford suitable injectors etc too :) but that won't be for a lil while

Edited by toffy

One of those td05's might be still a bit too small..... I've got the perfect turbo for your 20 though. I was going to put it on the stag, it's good, fresh and proven. PM me.

Haha yep , another one! Will be a step up from the hq i would think!

nah course not?, better than the ceffy though?,

speaking of which dont sell them till i get cash!!!!!!!

One of those td05's might be still a bit too small..... I've got the perfect turbo for your 20 though. I was going to put it on the stag, it's good, fresh and proven. PM me.

hmm , ok will do!

nah course not?, better than the ceffy though?,

speaking of which dont sell them till i get cash!!!!!!!

the way i see it , if i can get 67.5s at Basky in a 1400kg car with 100~rwk , i should be able to get 63ish around there with a 1200kg car with 200rwk ? . Nah the ceff is a heap nicer car , maybe a little heavier but much better quality :) . Which brings of to my updates , my new coilovers have arrived and a new front window is organised to be put in Wednesday and i have a few other goodies to fit , pics soon!

• 3 weeks later...

Small update , replaced turbo with another 25 turbo for the minute whilst i decide what im doing with the setup , im thinking of pinching the setup off my cefiro since it's not likely to see the track again . Put a new windscreen in it , all i need now is tyres and a bonnet for rego , then the mods will begin! I may have a half cage for it too pending . One thing i have noticed is that the rear wheels sit off to one side about 2cm , not sure what's going on there

One thing i have noticed is that the rear wheels sit off to one side about 2cm , not sure what's going on there

the laurel does that now.

in all the reading i did on turbos, i came up with a 20 will be laggy no matter what, so you may as well match the turbo to the top end.

Ooh not a good sign , that car lined up very well when i had it . Atleast it has adjustable arms under it . Turbo choice for a 20 is fairly simple but most people stuff around with other things that don't need to be , best results from rb20 are with simple setups, i.e , a good exhaust manifold , cam gears , cooler , pump , injectors and a decent tuner . Most people try to put too big of a turbo on them and they just can't flow enough air to keep them on full boost , td05 16g would be too small for track , i would predict near stock response with similar power to a standard r33 turbo , maybe a little bit more , more suited to a ca18 really , td06 would be slightly laggy for street but days of fun on the track