SAU Community

1985 Mr30 Ti For Sale.

Akabobby

Hey guys! I've been lurking around these pages for a few years now, never made myself known though!

Dad says its time to clear out the back yard, so my toys have to go. Car hasn't been driven in about 8 months. I will describe the car as best I can.

1985 mr30 skyline.

379000kms.

Motor seems very strong, never had an issue.

Aircon needs a regas

5 speed manual very smooth.

Has a welded diff which will be unbreakable

S13 tien coilovers all round, not sure of the condition now, fronts are very stiff, rears may be leaking. Rear left collars were stuck at the current height when I last tried to lower it again, will probably come loose with a bit of effort.

Sr20 brakes and hubs up front

Standard exhaust with a strategic half cut in the middle, sounds good! Easy weld to take back to standard.

I'm pretty sure they're 18x8.5 fronts and 18x9.5 rears, +30ish offset. Multi 4 and 5 stud. Rear right outer lip may be bent due to a slight gutter tap. Not sure if it is the wheel or the control arm. These wheels are a 3 piece wheel so the outer lip can be replaced, or wheels can be widened to achieve a more aggressive set.

Front tyres are good, rears have some camber wear, they have been sitting for a while so might not be any good.

Deep dish GK tech steering wheel with very rare mr30 boss kit, these are not a standard Nissan boss kit. Has a little bit of wear.

Genuine red RECARO drivers seat in nearly immaculate condition, no signs of wear. This is a passenger seat which I  have bolted straight up to the original drivers side rails. Perfect fit.

installed a headunit with two 6x9s in the rear parcel shelf, pumps very well.

From what I can see there is no rust in the wheel arches, but It is damp and there's some dirt.

I've lost all the keys to the car unfortunately. Brand new replacement locks and keys can be bought on eBay for 120. I can probably try and start it with a screwdriver, but I might see If I can get a locksmith out to cut a key from the barrel.

The car is not registered and will be sold as is, I wouldn't recommend driving it away, as there is some wobble in the rear due to the wheel or control arm.

This is an honest sale, and I've done my best to disclose everything I know about the car. Any questions, just ask! Ive also added a photo of the damaged wheel so you can see how it sits out on an angle. Probably best to come and have a look for yourself.

This Was an extremely fun car to drive!

Feel free to call or MSG any time with questions or for an inspection. 0421883034 Rob.

Not sure how to add photos from my iPhone? If someone could help, that would be greatly appreciated! Or just send me a MSG and I'll send them through :)

I suppose it would help eh?! Looking for 1500 but throw me an offer. Also, car is located in Carnegie, Melbourne. If i dont get much interest, ill sell of the seat and other goodies, then if anyone needs parts, feel free to come and help yourself to what is left. As I said, no idea how to put pics up from my iPhone? Some help would be great :) cheers, Rob.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Thought I'd give an update. There needs to be scarce details in some areas due to ongoing discussions. Here's the journey of trying to make the booked registration appointment (again). Sent a complaint to Car Inspect outlining the concerns and made some demands. Went to a service center in Geelong, got assaulted with bullshit items on the RWC, as you know. Tried to quote $2.5k AND wanted a structural report Only seemed to be one place around Geelong that does them, they demand $495 just to end up telling me it's f**ked, at least $11k to fix and tried to sell me his own Skyline in the process (bro, wtf?) Started stressing about what I'm supposed to do with this possible pile of steel. Awaiting that, I was sent an angel friend who works in Melbourne and knows real mechanics and body shops.  They laughed at the reported quotes (don't get work done in Geelong) Car underwent some front surgery and brought back better They then sent it to the mechanics for RWC Registration appointment is two days away at this point. Mechanics pointed out two issues: driver's seat and shocks - that's it. He offered couple options and I chose coilovers. Frantically I scoured the jungle realm that is Facebook Marketplace (again). Found what looks to be a decent Series 1 seat actually - $100 Guy is friendly, offers to bring the seat with a colleague who's heading to Geelong (thanks man, that was cool) Seat arrived, looks good. Throw it in my car and drive to Melbourne and drop it to mechanic T-1 day, mechanic reckons job will be done for the fronts only, gets it done by 4PM Mechanic heads to get the coil-overs that night as a favour to help me make the appointment Get driven to Melbourne, drove the car back - RWC Unlocked! ✅ VicRoads tomorrow, the goal is close now. 🙂
    • Gtr are still available through the heritage program but don’t have the wiring 
    • I remember test driving this car at Odaiba. All the controls are very light so it's good for commuting. I don't think a 1.2L turbo would make sense in the US though, you would be constantly deep in the boost in highway cruising. 
    • As the Bogan Cruise Ship has nothing wrong with it, and is perfect the way it is, I have decided to fix that issue, nothing major, just a little tidy up and upgrade some parts that don't really need to be upgraded  1. Upgrade the interchiller, basically another fancy pants modern and efficient condenser, a larger reservoir (current one only holds about 500ml) and a better pump (the current pump has a little rattle, so......while I'm in there.....) 2. Move the battery to the boot so I can use that real-estate to fit in a nice big reservoir where the battery currently is As for a new car, I'm holding off buying one for a few reasons: 1. Not enough garage space for another nice car, yes....I consider the Bogan Cruise Ship a nice car that needs a roof over its head, which leads to point 2 2. I'm buying a joint down the south coast next year, hopefully I can find a joint with a nice big double garage that I can get a car lift in, or, it has a massive shed for lots of cars, and a lift (I really really want a car lift) 3. I cannot decide what I want, a new freshness with all the mod cons, or a fairly old thing that I can play with when I'm bored (old as in steel bumper) In other news, there's a light at the end of the tunnel, and it isn't a train coming to run me over  Not that I'm counting