SAU Community

Cd Err Fo Fix

Has anyone find out who can get our Bose-Clarion PN-2414e unit with this error fixed in Australia or overseas and for how much? Or better yet, has anyone fixed it themselves?

There are a few reasons for this error to appear -

Circuit board problem

Cracked plastic gear

Jammed mechanism

The reasons for my CD ERR FO is the mechanism jamming which occured when I was switching tracks. I took the CD-Changer apart with the help of my father-electrician, but it proved too complex for him to figure out which part is stuck. The mechanism looks intact and not tampered with before - the car had just 40k on clock when bought.

The solutions I am considering -

Buying new unit from the US ($300), but it is missing one of the output at the back - probably for Navigation which I have.

Sending old unit to the US for repair ($150 repaired plus shipping)

Edited by Stayer

You can get them fixed in Aust, but I believe the cost is significant. It would be worthwhile looking at the double DIN facia and an aftermarket head unit.

If you want to keep a factory type unit, you could post it to the US for repair. Or you should be able to pick up a 2nd hand G35 head unit for less than $300. I picked up a bose G35 head unit for US$170. If you decide to go down this route, you have the obvious risk of it not working when it gets here.. If you go new or 2nd hand from USA, make sure you buy like for like (bose with navi with a G35 bose with navi), then it should be a simple swap. And the G35 HUs can play MP3 CDs.

The hard part will be getting your CDs out of the old unit.. I believe it requires major surgery..

You can get them fixed in Aust, but I believe the cost is significant. It would be worthwhile looking at the double DIN facia and an aftermarket head unit.

If you want to keep a factory type unit, you could post it to the US for repair. Or you should be able to pick up a 2nd hand G35 head unit for less than $300. I picked up a bose G35 head unit for US$170. If you decide to go down this route, you have the obvious risk of it not working when it gets here.. If you go new or 2nd hand from USA, make sure you buy like for like (bose with navi with a G35 bose with navi), then it should be a simple swap. And the G35 HUs can play MP3 CDs.

The hard part will be getting your CDs out of the old unit.. I believe it requires major surgery..

thanks for that! where did you get it from if you don't mind me asking?

also, isn't the G35 unit you bought comes from Series 2 G35? I believe Series 2 (2005) V35s had MP3 player already.

I would be happy to get Series 2 Head-Unit with MP3 function, however, not sure if it would fit Series 1 as Series 1 has climate controls inside it and Series 2 doesn't.

That's a good point, you will need to get a S1 deck if you have a S1 V35. I believe the connectors are different between the S1 and S2. Also, as you know, the face panel is different, and you will probably need this from the G35 too.

The S2 V35 doesn't play MP3s.. it does had a MD player, perhaps that is where the confusion has come from? That is the main reason I got the G35 HU, as I wanted MP3 playback. and it was cheaper than the Double DIN setup or the iPod I/F.

I found mine on the G35driver 'for sale' section. They pop up on there every now and then.

I had the same issue when I got my car ages ago. I simply removed the unit and give it a nice kick, then all the CDs came out, but mine had other issues (no sound at all) you might wanna give it a go. Remove the unit and shake it a little bit. or better replace it with a 7" DVD player as I did.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

so that's the Cd unit for the factory unit. would you mind sending me the link so that i can have a look. Mine is sitting there as the Cd unit is stufed up. I might change it and replace it with the aftermarket one.

sent 3 of you the link too

to be clear, that's the link to the offer of repair service

however, after I told him that I'm from Australia, he offered me to sent CD-Mechanism for the cost of repair to save me on shipping costs

also, CD ERR F0 may results from different problems (electrical, for example), mine was purely mechanical as CD-Mechanism stuck while I was changing disks on the move

so, talk to the guy about your problem

• 5 months later...

I do like how you said "the car had just 40k on clock when bought." .... I haven't seen a V35 go through the Jp auctions with 40k on it since about 2005, yet you can find them all along Parramatta Road and other similar places with these sort of km on them. Truth be told for under $100 a guy can come out and make your odo say whatever you want. Just sayin'.