SAU Community

R&B/Funk in Melb....

Jetdat

Guys/Gals...

I am taking out a girl next saturday night, and she tells me she is into r&b/funk.....since i havent been into r&b for 5+ years i have no idea where to take her...so i have one week to research..

can all you r&b people kindly recommend your favourite saturday night venues with a brief describtion of what the place is like, such as crowd type/age etc etc....all ideas welcome..

SAU VIC your help, in advance, is greatly appreciated!!!

:rant:

Spy Lounge on kings way, Dance downstairs, RnB up stairs. People that go there....HOT! they have the best looking people in town there. Its a good night there no beer on tap i dont believe which is priity crap. ahh well just means SPRITS!

Jarrod;

Thanks for the reply :) ....i used to work around the corner from spy lounge, been there a few dozen times but always ended up leaving there early to move on to other joints...and you are right about the HOT babes...:rant:

but i am after more hardcore r&b venues....

Evolution for sure, that's where the party's at on Saturday night these days. Get there early tho, gets packed out by about 11:30

Upstairs: Oldschool R&B/Funk/Hip Hop

Downstairs: Popular R&B/Dancehall/Hip Hop

4 Bars in total and 2 lounge areas

actually there's a good mix of people in there, but yes they prefer to let people with women in rather than large groups of guys. There's a good serving of asians in there usually, and even some hot asian women... mmm

yeah melbourne is strange that way..

I am visiting from perth and found it hard to get into the few clubs that we tried because it was "members or guests only" which i figured translated to "we dont want any more sausage in here"....mind u we are good looking blokes :) Will have to meet some girls one night to go in with. I should have done my research before heading over! my bad. Would have been nice to meet up with some when we have a hotel room in the city..

sorry for the hijack :D

Evolution is the place for good rnb/funk on saturday nights.. Its always my first choice for saturday nite clubbin and its always good!

get there around 11.. not too packed.. and ull have no trouble gettin in if theres only a couple of u.

Its a reasonably young crowd, and a mix of natios and ive only seen one brawl there.. so its not 'rough'

for future reference to clubs go to www.grooveon.com.au - they list everything RnB, which nite, and where..

Hope ur gal pal likes it :) :headspin:

F4 is pretty awesome on Friday and Saturday nights. It's not the biggest venue, but has the greatest mix of R&B and Funk. And the Women a fiiine, not that you would be looking with your lady there :). Been to Evolution, not bad, but if there is a long line it's not worth the wait.

lol noticed your age :) I would say Boutique @134 Greville Street Prahran. The night is all style and class and has a slightly older crowd aswell :). One of the best Saturday’s in Melbourne.

fantastic response to the question, many thanks...:)

i am older than most of you but the girl i am taking out is 25...so crowd age issue is not a huge factor although i rather not go to a venue full of 18 year olds....a mixture would be nice....

thus far i am interested in evo, boutique and F4....but keep them ideas/thoughts coming if you have anymore, i still have 6 days to plan a night to impress...