SAU Community

R34 Drivers Foot Well Is Constantly Wet

bra0063

hi guys my floor under the drivers side is getting wet im just wondering what firewall grommets could lead to the drivers foot well so i can check them

its only happening on the drivers side so therefore it cant be the heater core

anyone know other areas where water can leak in from the out side and end up on the drivers side foot wells??

ive also had a look at those funny green seals below/ under the scuttle tray and theyre in place.

need help as carpet is starting to really smell :(

cheers.

Normally when people fit alarms, boost gauges or boost controllers they cut the grommets that seal the firewall. Check behind the drivers wheel.

Is it near the steering shaft? I'm thinking of doing an installation under the bonnet but cant figure out where to lead the wires inside.

Is it near the steering shaft? I'm thinking of doing an installation under the bonnet but cant figure out where to lead the wires inside.

Best place is to remove either of the front wheels then the inner gaurd, carefully cut a slit in the grommet just big enough to feed the wiring or hose through, once u have finished put a bit of silicone or sealant

Another place that you might want to check is if there are any of the rubber seal that goes around the driver door.

Might not be it, but I had the same problem with my gf's car (Barina) and it ended up being the seal that goes around the door wasn't sealed up properly on the bottom, as it was involved in a minor accident before she bought the car.

Normally when people fit alarms, boost gauges or boost controllers they cut the grommets that seal the firewall. Check behind the drivers wheel.

This. When I bought my car the grommet wasn't even put back on properly and the wires fed around it, had to fix that as I had puddles in heavy rain, now the wires go through and it's dry all the time.