SAU Community

Wtb Knock Sensor M35

Perhaps the wiring has broken. Seen that before (wiring is too tight and snaps just near the sensor)

The knock sensor is a pita to get to, and the coaxial from the sensor is incorporated into the loom for the injectors. I should have a spare for that somewhere too if you want to change them both.

Have you checked the ecu plug inst loose or corroded?

Thanks for the responses.

Symptoms. Runs OK. Significantly down on power, comes on to boost later and not as strongly. Uses about 3L per 100km more with gently driving. Runs even more ridiculously rich while warming up.

I assume is running rich and retarded. (Who does that describe?)

Mechanic had analyser attached and it showed knock sensor faulty. I asked if it could read same if just a problem with the connector. He said the software could distinguish between faulty sensor and faulty connection.

I was quite suprised that the stagea was in his device. That said, he tells me he paid a few grand for the last SW upgrade to it alone.

Will double check connections on the week end but he isn't known for BS when not sure what is going on. Sounds like I might get him to put it in so he can do the swearing and loose skin but will have a look at where it is first.