SAU Community

Help! Need Key Coded In Sydney.

Got Nissan dealership to order a key and remote for my car. Now the key arrived ($400) but for some reason they can't code it. From what they told me they got the code loaded but the computer wont initialize it as it brings up some sort of error.

So i've just wasted 400 bux on a key that cant be used right now.

I spoke to Indy here from IS motor racing and he said unfortunately he cant do keys. Does anyone know where i can get the spare key coded and working here in Sydney?

You need the ignition code / super code for your car. It should be on a tag with your original key. If you can't find it look for TomR33 on here. He should be able to get it for you. He got mine. Good luck.

Oh sweet thanks. I messaged Chris Rogers and he said any locksmith in Sydney should be able to do it. Not too sure about that. But any recommendations?

I think there are 2 separate ideas here.. any good locksmith should be able to cut you a new key and clone the chip from an existing working key. However, it seems you have a new key with a new chip that NATS needs to be programmed to accept.. this is where you probably need Nissan, or someone with a consult device to program it for you. You probably also need the NATS PIN to program it.

I think there are 2 separate ideas here.. any good locksmith should be able to cut you a new key and clone the chip from an existing working key. However, it seems you have a new key with a new chip that NATS needs to be programmed to accept.. this is where you probably need Nissan, or someone with a consult device to program it for you. You probably also need the NATS PIN to program it.

Interesting. I just called up a few locksmiths and been told they don't do imports. Called up a few Nissan dealerships and they also told me they can't do imports because their computer only recognizes Australian delivered cars.

What codes do i need exactly?

Castle hill Nissan or Parramatta Nissan work with imports (me thinks). Mention that it's an import and say that a lot of the components are similar to the 350z...

The locksmiths are just scared off by the term 'import', but it is just a normal Nissan key with a immobiliser chip in the key head. Maybe just tell them you have a Nissan with a chip key and ask them if they can clone it?

In regard to the codes. There is a NATS PIN which is required to re-program the NATS in your car to accept new immobiliser key chips. Nissan dealers should be able to obtain this PIN based on your VIN. But it can be difficult to obtain if you aren't a Nissan dealer.

Castle hill Nissan or Parramatta Nissan work with imports (me thinks). Mention that it's an import and say that a lot of the components are similar to the 350z...

As soon as i mention import these dealerships tell me their computers only recognize Australian delivered vehicles.

I think i read somewhere Hornsby Nissan had some success, but they told me trial and error, David in their workshop said it worked for one v35 he did a while back but failed for another.

The locksmiths are just scared off by the term 'import', but it is just a normal Nissan key with a immobiliser chip in the key head. Maybe just tell them you have a Nissan with a chip key and ask them if they can clone it?

In regard to the codes. There is a NATS PIN which is required to re-program the NATS in your car to accept new immobiliser key chips. Nissan dealers should be able to obtain this PIN based on your VIN. But it can be difficult to obtain if you aren't a Nissan dealer.

What's the difference with getting the key cloned compared to actually coding the new key?

Edited by Marshan

Cloning can be done if you have a key that works.... think photocopying

Recoding is starting from scratch and entering the codes and what not.

Cloning can be done by almost all dealers.

Cloning can be done if you have a key that works.... think photocopying

Recoding is starting from scratch and entering the codes and what not.

Cloning can be done by almost all dealers.

But it's still got to be programmed to the cars NATS to recognize the new key?

^^ what he said.. cloning makes an exact copy of the existing chip code from a working key, so NATS is already programmed to accept that code. A new key chip (not cloned) has a new code and NATS needs to be programmed to accept this new code as well.

Obviously cloning only works if you have an existing working key.

As for the actual metal part of the key, any locksmith can cut that.

Guys, I got my key duplicated by this guy - Michael 0414 466 228. Ring him. There are 2 parts to this process. 1 - the physical cutting of the key itself, and 2 - the programming of this key which he will also do. So far no issues! Its has been months! I think (sorry .. don't quote me .. its been a long time) $100ish?? The new key will not have the boot release button.

Good news! .... well kinda.

So i went to Bensons Locksmith they managed to get my key programmed and it works, i can gain entry and start the engine with it. But they couldn't get the remote to work.

They tried for over 2 hours and no luck, their thinking it might be because of a faulty wire that's causing the procedure to fail because the lock button on the drivers door only seems to be locking/unlocking the passenger side.

1. Close and lock all doors with the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch.

2. Insert key into ignition and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least six times within 10 seconds. Your Hazard Lamps will flash if you have performed this step successfully. NOTE: Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder each time. If this procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter programming mode.

3. Insert key into the ignition cylinder and turn to the ACC position.

4. Within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the remote transmitter. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. NOTE: Do not press the button more than one time in the above step. If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.

5. If there are any remaining transmitters (including the old ones), unlock then lock all doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the next remote. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. Repeat this step for each transmitter (including any existing transmitters).

6. Turn the key to the OFF position, remove keys from the ignition, unlock doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and open the driver side door.

Here's what i can find so far on how to program the remote.I think it's because of step 1 that my driver side power lock/unlock only does the passenger side....would this be the reason causing it to fail or is there something else i'm missing?

Edited by Marshan

Hey

Take the car to Japlink on 175 Paramatta Road and ask for Todd. Tell Him Nuwan from I REV told you about them and ask Todd to give me a call. I will give him the code you need to program the key.

Cheers.

Nuwan

Hey

Take the car to Japlink on 175 Paramatta Road and ask for Todd. Tell Him Nuwan from I REV told you about them and ask Todd to give me a call. I will give him the code you need to program the key.

Cheers.

Nuwan

Nuwan from Melbourne? I think i spoke to you on the phone back a while ago for a JDM dashkit. Cheers man.

Also i have the key programmed. Just need to do a reset procedure once my power lock button is working again. Thanks anyway.

Edited by Marshan