SAU Community

Legal Question.

A Grave Digger

Was wondering if someone could help me with a legal issue please.

My GF and I had her kids last weekend ( we get them every 2nd Sat & Sun) and the middle child, a boy had a loose tooth.

The tooth was that sore he couldn't eat. So I asked him if he wanted me to remove it for him. He said yes. I asked the GF and she also said yes.

So I removed the tooth.

Now on Sunday night, the GF's ex ring up ranting and raving and carrying on about how he is going to have me up on assault charges for pulling the boys tooth out.

(A) is this possible??

(B) what can I do about him ringing up all the time and making these threats? would it be worthwhile reporting it to the police?

(A) - Consult a lawyer as they will have a clear definition of what context the term "assault" could be applied in the above listed situation. I personally see no problem if the caring parent has consented and the child has there should be no grounds for charges to be laid.

(B) - Your partner can File a complaint that if followed up in court can prevent him from contacting her / you unless it directly relates to the children.

Was wondering if someone could help me with a legal issue please.

My GF and I had her kids last weekend ( we get them every 2nd Sat & Sun) and the middle child, a boy had a loose tooth.

The tooth was that sore he couldn't eat. So I asked him if he wanted me to remove it for him. He said yes. I asked the GF and she also said yes.

So I removed the tooth.

Now on Sunday night, the GF's ex ring up ranting and raving and carrying on about how he is going to have me up on assault charges for pulling the boys tooth out.

(A) is this possible??

(B) what can I do about him ringing up all the time and making these threats? would it be worthwhile reporting it to the police?

A - Technically not assault. Permission was granted by both him and his mother.

B - Call and report it to the coppers. They won't do anything until it really escalates however it will be on record. so, if he does try and prevent you from doing anything that is relation to the child (change schools, act as a responsible guardian etc) his irresponsibility is on file.

This is all based on my legal knowledge from a few years ago. Contact a lawyer for more thorough info or next time he calls, tell him to stop being a c6ck and suck one instead.

Know what you mean though, the girlfriend has moved in with me and she gets strife from her ex regarding their son. She mvoed up here from Melbounre though.

I have assaulted many people and that definitely isn't assault.

You have the permission of the legal guardian at the time and from the child so it is not a problem.

You can't even be pursued on the grounds of coaching a minor as permission was granted by the legal guardian.

Are you sure the ex isn't getting confused with the future assault by you on him?

yeah the EX can't do much. you were given permission by both the child and the legal guardian. the first thing you are asked when filing an assult charge is "did you give the person permission to <insert claimed assault>?" had this question asked to me when giving a statement after being a witness to an assault (although in that case it was asking whether the victim gave permission).

unless of course the way you removed the tooth was to punch the kid in the face........

well after I spoke to an officer from the child protection unit, apparently removing a tooth is classed as negligence.......

but it would have been thrown out when it was proven that i removed the tooth so he wouldnt suffer anymore pain.......

what a f*cked up rule......

• 2 weeks later...

Hope it don't go any further for your sakes Grave Digger, legals cost big $$$ when kids are involved mate, my ex has cost me a 26/30 build this year so far!!!!

That was money meant for you to build my engine ERD Dan!!

Ex's should just be happy they are Ex's and get on with their lives, I've got my son and my cars so I am happy!!!!! :woot:

Hope it don't go any further for your sakes Grave Digger, legals cost big $$$ when kids are involved mate, my ex has cost me a 26/30 build this year so far!!!!

That was money meant for you to build my engine ERD Dan!!

Ex's should just be happy they are Ex's and get on with their lives, I've got my son and my cars so I am happy!!!!! :woot:

Yeah mate it went further....

he then "coached" ( ie I suspect he told her to say it, but I cant prove it..) the youngest daughter, a 3 yr old to say that I put my finger into her vagina.....

had a copper from the child protection unit come out to work and everything.

however she clammed up in the interview and wouldnt tell the cop anything.

so thats all over and done with as well.

And the sucky part is i can't do anything in regards to deformation of character or anything like that cause the system is set up to protect whistle-blowers....

and now the germ is acting nice as pie...

Yeah mate it went further....

he then "coached" ( ie I suspect he told her to say it, but I cant prove it..) the youngest daughter, a 3 yr old to say that I put my finger into her vagina.....

had a copper from the child protection unit come out to work and everything.

however she clammed up in the interview and wouldnt tell the cop anything.

so thats all over and done with as well.

And the sucky part is i can't do anything in regards to deformation of character or anything like that cause the system is set up to protect whistle-blowers....

and now the germ is acting nice as pie...

oh and i didnt do that to the 3yr old BTW!!!

That is completely f'd. Some people really don't take the time to think about the implications of such actions. If that had of stuck, you'd be reporting your every move to the child sex offending registry for the next 10 years or so! Glad it was all cleared up.

Have you considered helping him remove a few teeth??

That is completely f'd. Some people really don't take the time to think about the implications of such actions. If that had of stuck, you'd be reporting your every move to the child sex offending registry for the next 10 years or so! Glad it was all cleared up.

Have you considered helping him remove a few teeth??

I would love to give him a dental makeover haha, however at the end of the day it's not worth stuffing my life up for 5 minutes of satisfaction.

Also it would disadvantage the kids, and although they aren't mine, I still wouldn't like to do that to them.

I would love to give him a dental makeover haha, however at the end of the day it's not worth stuffing my life up for 5 minutes of satisfaction.

Also it would disadvantage the kids, and although they aren't mine, I still wouldn't like to do that to them.

Completely true. The greater good will always triump and as you say, not worth screwing up your own life, or theirs.

Hope he finds something else to occupy his time with soon.

Scum will be scum. Can't beleive that some people will accuse others of such filthy things.. Urgh..

All good that it's sorted out mate. Just make sure that you report every little bit of crap that he gives you so you have some credible evidence that destroys his credibility in the event of a court case.