SAU Community

Mr. Oizo

We have postcounts now?

Anyhoo... Sorry to derail thread ;)

All I can say is keep calm, maybe even enjoy a drink every now-and-then - but never to excess of you'll end up in photos on the internet - and nobody wants that :(

Louise's brother is 16 - and he's at the rebel-against-parent stage also. So you're not alone.

Just don't do anything rash that you will regret.

Even though they shipped me off to boarding school in year 8, I have a great relationship with my P's - and I can say I'd be devestated if I'd done anything to alienate them when I was younger. They're the only parents you get (unless you join some sick cult) - so bend over, grit your teeth, and take their rules like a man.

It all works out in the end - and besides, you can't drink properly until you're 24. Just look at Ash ;)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dark... get used to it dude, curry olds are like that. I copped it as well... and I started workin as a bartender too lol

around when you finish highschool is where they pull out the "i'm throwing you out of home" card... my olds pulled that out on me when they found out I was hittin the coke n choof (my old man found a bag of the green stuff under my bed), and I ended up gettin a 97 TER and they soon changed their minds. Got accepted into dentistry too but I told em I was ognna burn the acceptance, that scared em a lil lol.

At the end of the day your olds are lookin out for your well being, they dun gain nothing by makin u a proper person, coz they'll die off sooner or later. Lookin back I woulda ended up a nobody if I had gone the way I did, but after yr 12 i became close to my olds workin with em instead of against em tryin to rebel n shit. Plus I was open with em, they knew about all the girls in my life, that I drank, that I smoked occasionally, and they knew I was doin well in life. You can't complain about someone's bad stuff when they're doin well... so make sure you straighten youself out and curry olds will always look past your shortfalls... be it alchy, coke or the fact that you're a compulsive genetiaclly predestined post-whore.

Shan:

did your parents drink though?

ive never smoked weed before in my life, or done any other drugs

just smoked and drinked

just now my mum came up and said that if i dont quit, she will tell my dad, and them move out of the house .. (things between me and my dad are a bit rocky)

i mean, im not like an addicted chain smoker, just occasionally at parties...

did u end up doing dentistry?

pfft sif I wanted to end up starin at ppls mouths for te rest of my life...

both my parents drank socially... my old man used to be an alchoholic before he found the spiritual stuff, now he's a hardcore Sai-Baba devotee (which is around when I was doin yr 12).

Take the threats with a pinch of salt... however prove her wrong and show em that you can live up to and exceed their expectations.

You have the option now of making yourself look worse and forcing them to not hate you (they'll never hat you) but be dissapointed in you and in themselves for not bringing you up right.

Or you can prove to em that you are made of the good stuff, even tho you drink and smoke etc etc, if they see that then they'll look past all that. Worked for me.

Curries tend to use the whole "drinking" issue as the coming of age sign... i dunno maybe heritage of drunken husbands beatig wives or sumfin, but yeah, if they find out you're drinking you're no longer the mum's lil angel... now's where they give you space to be responsible... ball's in your court.

lol.. my mum used to swear at me all the time so i swore back at her.. fair is fair.

meh.. cultural weirdness. If its not drinking it will be something else later on.. move out, get the freedom, and you won't be able to go back. You'll be a better man at 25 than people that stayed out home. Sure you'll be a poorer man, but you'll be a richer man in other ways..

thanks for all the advice guys

i was meant to quit smoking 2 saturdays ago, but seeing everyone else do it, i really wanted one.. so i gotta quit now

i'll stop drinking until year 12 is over, but i dunno if that will fix the situation

my mum still wont think of me in the same way, but she has to realise that im in year 12, all my friends are 18, its not my fault that im surrounded by people that are legally allowed to do that stuff...

ah well

once again, thanks

Maybe she is just a little in shock that "her little guy" is growing up. Sometimes parents are weird like that. They don't really realise it until its like happening, when really it happened ages ago.

Try and stay on good terms no matter what happens, as you don't want to burn bridges. It should sort itself out if you don't do anything too crazy.

Being younger than your peers will have that effect, hopefully you and your folks can see this and eventually get over it. Good luck and ..............

Thank you come again!!

PS: did you guys know I love wearing turbans while in my wife's lingerie?