SAU Community

Powerlifting

markos

yep it starts gently but gets painful quickly

if training for strength you want to be fully recovered for each of your heaviest sets... it can be 5 min or longer... you want to approach the set with 100% effort and focus... it's a bit of a balance between recovering fully and getting cold (which isn't much of an issue at the moment)

cheers

last week was easy, I felt like I could go much heaver... this week was just 5kg more but was super tough... I have burst a blood vessel in my eye, look like a stoner lol... need more practice in the wraps

I also did 115kg x 3 on the bench press yesterday which is a PR... not very impressive I know but I'm making progress which is nice

poor Martin

Righto, I'll try out 3 mins or so and see how I go.

I tested out my 1rm for bench yesterday without a spotter (but in my cage with safety's) and I got 105kg.

So should I do the 115kg program or 120kg?

Which one do you think is achievable in 3 months? I played it safe and only went 10kg up on bench. if I gain 40kg on bench in 12 months, I'll be exstatic.

I did 120kg 1RM on the bench and tried the 140kg PPP, by week 4 it was too much. I was giving myself 3 minutes between sets which probably wasn;t enough but even then the weight would have been a struggle.

I think 10kg is safe, 15kg is hard and 20kg is really pushing it, if not too much.

Thats right, try it and see as everyone is different.

I mentioned on my ProRawForum how Zoran started on the 180kg deadlift program first week of September. He told me it was his old PB, he pulled a very hard 160kg in front of me, so we started on 180kg.

Before I got back from Worlds late September, his assistance exercises included 220kg pulls from a deficit for reps. In late November he deadlifted 280kg at the National Deadlift comp, on the weekend he pulled 290kg

This guy doesnt even drink protein shakes, has a 130kg improve in 5 months, he may be 2-3kg heavier

my mate swears by that craze stuff... but he gets out lifted by girls so I never bothered with it

I'm glued to the couch watching basketball today... just those couple of tough grind squats yesterday have broken me

might just lay down on that comfy new bench tomorrow

Thats right, try it and see as everyone is different.

I mentioned on my ProRawForum how Zoran started on the 180kg deadlift program first week of September. He told me it was his old PB, he pulled a very hard 160kg in front of me, so we started on 180kg.

Before I got back from Worlds late September, his assistance exercises included 220kg pulls from a deficit for reps. In late November he deadlifted 280kg at the National Deadlift comp, on the weekend he pulled 290kg

This guy doesnt even drink protein shakes, has a 130kg improve in 5 months, he may be 2-3kg heavier

This just makes me think what the hell was he doing before!

So many gains

if only... Sigh.....

I'm trying + 20/10/20

Edited by jangles

I'm glued to the couch watching basketball today...

Who would have it any other way! All star weekend this weekend as well.

I agree that 15kg is a pretty optimistic jump for 11weeks on any exercise, but hopefully i can get it done. Is it a good idea to change up the reps of the assistance exercises each week ie 5 reps one week and then 12 another week and 8 the next etc or should i stick with one?

Zoran came from a boxing back ground

Made a decision to compete in powerlifting and joined our gym

Started at 140/120/160

Now 235/145/290

He is 23 and been training in gyms like others do, his lifts were okay in a regular gym

I hear Craze is off the market now