SAU Community

How Can I Open My Boot?

So I went to open my boot today and I pulled the lever and it has no tension on it and doesn't open the boot. I can't remove the back seats and crawl through as I have amps in the way on a board bolted in. The boot has been replaced so they key doesn't work either. Any idea how to open it without damaging it?

I have a feeling you are very unlucky as of late. Broken window and now the boot,

But yes I have a feeling your cable has either broke or come off. So its time for a locksmith I think, like terry suggested

You sure I had a broken window? Don't remember having one?

yeah a locksmith could make a key for the boot (they will just need to get the number off the barrel of the lock in the boot). a slightly more expensive option would be to buy a new lock for the boot that matches the door and ignition keys (which a locksmith should also be able to organise)

the locksmith can adjust the lock to fit your current key.

just saying..

cost me about $100+- to open the boot and rekey the lock to my current ignition key.

my door locks also do not respond to my key, and they would cost 30 each should i want to have them rekeyed to my ignition key, but i'll have to remove the locks myself.

dodgy car, least the sussy is straight.

Can anyone recommend a good and reasonably priced locksmith? I'm sorta in the same boat, boot changed, current keys don't work, but my leaver still works :)

just call a few in your area and get quotes. they wont bite.