SAU Community

Xenon Lights

dFed

it just means that the ballast is capable of holding those different types of bulb, but what i'm saying is each bulb is different. You must use any of those bulbs listed and nothing else or it won't work. Sorry for previous post that was badly explained aha.

The socket and cable to the ballast should still b there, (socket tucked to the side).

The wiring would have been modified to eliminate the ballast altogether.

Remove halogen bulb, reconnect + & - to ballast, remove globe adapter, fit new HID bulb and you should be back to factory.

Yup looks like the one in the pic.

So all I need is the wiring and globes?

Would these fit?

http://www.ebay.com....=item27c0ff9d43

Thanks

These will not work unless you are using an aftermarket ballast, they will not plug into the factory ballast as they are hard wired.

are you sure they are different? All the ones I've found on ebay say d2r d2s and even d2c!!

http://www.ebay.com....=item27bfc22981

Even that says d2r d2s ^

I'm so confuse :(

I believe they both have the same connector which is why this harness says it will suit either, but the D2R bulb has an intergrated reflector to use in low beam applications. the D2S doesn't

You shouldn't need to open the headlight up.

The best way to tackle this problem is by doing some recon work first, and actually looking at what you actually have versus what you don't have.

Jack the car up, take a wheel off, remove the inner rain guard and you will have excellent access to the back of the headlight.

Pop out the top cover(globe) and inspect the setup - is the HID socket still in there and connected (to the ballast), is the ballast still bolted to the bottom of the light.

If these questions are answered with a 'YES', then all you have to do is get power to the ballast, remove the adapter plate for the halogen globe and fit some HID bulbs.