SAU Community

How To Check Vvt? Rb25Det Neo

amnash

just wonder how i can go about testing my VVT on my neo to make sure its working as normal? i tried to find some write up on the internet but nothing. what parts do i need to make sure are installed? like solenoids and stuff? this is a r32 swap so i dont know if i have the necessary parts installed or not.

any pics would help also

thanks guys

Is the car driving? Easiest way is to unplug the VCT solenoid, which is this little guy on the front of your intake manifold with the redish-brown coloured plug:

post-9523-1156112458.jpg

Then take it for a drive and see if it feels any different. Another way, which will work if the car isn't driving, is to download a program called Nissan Data Scan and buy a CONSULT cable, then you can switch off the VCT that way.

Couldnt you just listen to it? When the cars at normal operating temperature, open the bonnet and rev the car up slowly. When it reaches 1500rpm (or whenever it activates) there will be an audible click. Or put your hand on the solenoid while you do it and you will feel it for sure.

Couldnt you just listen to it? When the cars at normal operating temperature, open the bonnet and rev the car up slowly. When it reaches 1500rpm (or whenever it activates) there will be an audible click. Or put your hand on the solenoid while you do it and you will feel it for sure.

It doesn't activate in neutral.

It doesn't activate in neutral.

you should be able to hear it click just past idle

mine activates in neutral