SAU Community

Insurance For Red P Plater

Savtraxx

who said Im in the industry? lol

that obvious? hehe

Nah, Shannons became sales orientated and 'get the business' from 2006 onwards. They employed more sales people or people interested in sales rather than underwriting and building rapport.

'oh, you have an excel with an exhaust and you read hot 4's? you must be quoted by Shannons!'

thats what gave me the shits and leave.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, Shannons became sales orientated and 'get the business' from 2006 onwards. They employed more sales people or people interested in sales rather than underwriting and building rapport.

'oh, you have an excel with an exhaust and you read hot 4's? you must be quoted by Shannons!'

lol

Yeah 2006 that sounds about right.

That quote you ended with 'oh, you have an excel with an exhaust and you read hot 4's? you must be quoted by Shannons!'

tooooo funny bro. hahaha

lol at the first page 1-2k for third party

im a red p plater with a n/a r33 gts, im paying 500 a YEAR for third party with just cars prices will vary depending on location of the vehicle, but not between 1-2k

the car is under my name and insurance is on my name

• 2 weeks later...

Try justcar insurance by memory when i was still on my green Ps it was $1,700 full insurance on my r34 gtt "yes i had no restrictions on my lisence b4 lol" excess was 2,800k tho. Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

Can P Platers drive turbo cars in NSW now? fark i missed out. I think my N/A 32 when i was in NSW was like $600 a year for third party fire and theft and i was the only nominated driver. Then i moved to ACT and could have a turbo car and bought a GTR they wanted $4000 a year to insure that for comprehensive. Off my P's now though and with a no claim bonus im paying $1600 a year comprehensive.

Can P Platers drive turbo cars in NSW now? fark i missed out. I think my N/A 32 when i was in NSW was like $600 a year for third party fire and theft and i was the only nominated driver. Then i moved to ACT and could have a turbo car and bought a GTR they wanted $4000 a year to insure that for comprehensive. Off my P's now though and with a no claim bonus im paying $1600 a year comprehensive.

No p platers cannot drive turbocharged cars in NSW. (I wish) I'm a 22 year old female and I'm paying just over $2000 dollars a year for full comprehensive in Western sydney. Before I brought my car I checked out quotes and the highest one was over $ 4000. :-|

Not impressed with my insurance company at the moment though as they were going to cut me off because I wanted to change my policy as I now have to park my car on the street. The only reason they are keeping me on is because my parents have 4 other policies with them. For an insurance company that prides themselves on looking after the "car enthusiast" I was also shocked when they told me I should buy a subaru WRX instead. As my premium would be lower and I would be allowed to park it on the street. (a turbocharged vehicle and I'm a p plater for starters let alone that being a highly inappropriate thing to say)

I could just imagine the issues I would have if I need to make a claim if changing my policy was such a negative experience.

Edited by Jennie 1990

No p platers cannot drive turbocharged cars in NSW. (I wish) I'm a 22 year old female and I'm paying just over $2000 dollars a year for full comprehensive in Western sydney. Before I brought my car I checked out quotes and the highest one was over $ 4000. :-| Not impressed with my insurance company at the moment though as they were going to cut me off because I wanted to change my policy as I now have to park my car on the street. The only reason they are keeping me on is because my parents have 4 other policies with them. For an insurance company that prides themselves on looking after the "car enthusiast" I was also shocked when they told me I should buy a subaru WRX instead. As my premium would be lower and I would be allowed to park it on the street. (a turbocharged vehicle and I'm a p plater) I could just imagine the issues I would have if I need to make a claim if changing my policy was such a negative experience.

That's an unusual thing for someone in the industry to say. You're lucky you are only paying $2k.

You have to realise all insurance companies have guidelines that they have to abide by and if your parking arrangements come outside of those guidelines and there is a change within the risk they aren't obligated to keep any cover.

Just be thankful they are still willing to offer you cover.

That's an unusual thing for someone in the industry to say. You're lucky you are only paying $2k.

You have to realise all insurance companies have guidelines that they have to abide by and if your parking arrangements come outside of those guidelines and there is a change within the risk they aren't obligated to keep any cover.

Just be thankful they are still willing to offer you cover.

Thanks Corinne :-)

I am a very lucky girl. With these experiences I learn something new. Always happy to share my newfound knowledge.

Thanks for pointing out all the honest truths that I have missed in my angry rant :-)

Edited by Jennie 1990

My first few years of insurance with my 32 I was paying 3k +

Not a lot of insurance companies would touch that type of car either can't remember if JCI was around at that stage. I went with a company called Famous which had merged with Young and cool few years down the track. I'm not even sure if they still exist.

Just remember it will slightly come down as you get older but they aren't the cheapest car to insure even though it is a NA.

My first few years of insurance with my 32 I was paying 3k +

Not a lot of insurance companies would touch that type of car either can't remember if JCI was around at that stage. I went with a company called Famous which had merged with Young and cool few years down the track. I'm not even sure if they still exist.

Just remember it will slightly come down as you get older but they aren't the cheapest car to insure even though it is a NA.

It is quite costly to have piece of mind. I am quite lucky to even be covered at all. It was a very negative experience all the same but it is how it's done unfortunately. Lesson learnt there. Are you in the industry by any chance or just knowledgable through experience?

Yea look I think everyone has almost had a bad experience with an insurance company. I sure have and have had to take on a big company to a small claims court. It doesn't mean that they are all bad and it doesn't mean the people that work there are any different. (we all have to work for a living) Thing that you have to remember is that there are so many processes and guideliness and it ususally favours the customer. They aren't here just to take our money. They still have to provide a service when you need it.

Bit of both. :)

Fair enough. It is what it is and there's not much that can be done. It's a touchy subject as it is I suppose considering the nature of the business and the service they provide. Hopefully I don't continue to have negative experiences. I can only expect a company to look after their customer in ways that are covered in their agreement.

I personally would go to any length to look after my customers in the business I'm in. Even to attempt to have it fixed. Something anything! In this case the man representing the company may as well have said a big **ck off.

Being in the business yourself you would likely see alot of good and bad instances. Unfortunately as a customer I have only had the one negative experience (hopefully the last) :-)

Thanks again for putting forward your knowledge and experience.

I must comment on the fact they did bend the rules to accomodate me in the end once calling back and requesting to speak with a supervisor. I suppose I can't say it was all bad :-)

Edited by Jennie 1990

I am 21 and have a R32 GTR - Insured with Just car. No at fault accidents, 1 license suspension, full comp with agreed value of 18k costs me 2500 P/A with a 3200 Excess.

AAMI quoted me $9,800 per year for full comp, and Shannons quoted me $5.3k for full comp.

Also have my daily a EG Civic, third party fire and theft - costs me $560 P/A with a $1500 excess - Didnt even bother shopping around with other insurance companies.

These are both insured in my name..

My old VY Commodore (Manual, as a P plater) Cost $1800 for full comp insured in my dads name through shannons, with a $1200 excess...