SAU Community

Need Advice Getting Some Paint Off An Astra!

scarvo

so the mrs was driving home from work, hadnt even left the car park before she decided to try squeeze through a small gap and had scraped a pole, the car has the yellow paint from that pole all along one side of the car along with a small dent thats only visible in the right angle!

just wondering if theres anything that can get that excess paint off without damaging the blue paint and clear coat on the car?

ive tried that fw1 spray but although it is getting it off a bit at a time i feel id need to use all 3 remaining cans of mine to get it all off! if theres an easier fix id rather do that (:

Try some Prepsol (Wax and Grease Remover) to start with, then as above polish.

If it's thick then you can try to scrape it off with an icy pole stick. Won't scratch the paint but should get it off. Then polish it after.

cutting compound worked a treat! then polished off the dull area and looks good as new!!! apart from the dents.... thank god it wasnt my skyline! (:

make sure it was a "once only" with the cutting compound on that part of that panel as you could go down to the primer very easy next time