SAU Community

Skylines - The New Wrx?

morning all, i'm not one to buy into outside opinions, however i did find it interesting to find this on a non-car forum

taken from OCAU;

Now thesedays every 5th bloody car is a Skyline. While I agree they are nice cars, to me they've now lost that "special flare" they used to have.

Gone are the days of *head turns to gaze at passing Skyline*, and in are the days of *Skyline passes with ethnic and BOV, head stays in same position*.

9 pages of glory here;

http://forums.overcl...ad.php?t=125943

Edited by squareznboxez

Member of OCAU and just read that.

TLDR:

Why skylines so common, this guy drives a countach, skylines are ugly, skylines are nice, skylines are common, why buy a skyline when you can buy this, next car in place of skyline ft-86, 33's go for $4K, new oil pump costs $900, miss my old car.

I thought it would at least depend on the type of Skyline. R33 are the most common, but even then, I still don't see that many around. I drive my 34 as a daily and I really don't see many 34's either....and GTR's?? - Well, even rarer still.

Don't see what the fuss is about anyway, its not like we are bloody commondores. Now that's a car you see literately every second.... Skylines Rock :cool:

Edited by dex_911

I live in a mining town, every 2nd car here is a SS V8 commonwhore. There's probably 15 skylines in this town. 2 V35's and i would see more R34's than any other R series skylines. I know there's at least 2 R32 GTR's, damn they are sexy.