SAU Community

Pictures Of Your Engines / Engine Bays

HIRISK

Very nice, the only thing that let's it down is the quality of the paint job on the nismo plenum around the badge

yeah, it's something I've been meaning to correct.

Now you have mentioned it I will get onto it :)

I would replace and realign that garden hose with some nice black breather hose to the can as well.

As well as a good CAI and filter system to gain some easy ponies and keep the constabulary happyish.

• Like 1

Yeah even if u just used a fine paint brush and some black paint. Just so it doesn't catch ur eye. You know it's a great bay when it's tiny things like that and those hoses/catch can letting it down.

• Like 1

I would replace and realign that garden hose with some nice black breather hose to the can as well.

As well as a good CAI and filter system to gain some easy ponies and keep the constabulary happyish.

good point re: black breather hose. Stealth is a nicer look

Yeah, I will get onto a CAI when my bank account lets me lol

Thanks ant, the plenum is wrinkle red and the turbo inlet/outlet pipes are wrinkle black. It's going into my engine bay which is bayside blue so it should give a nice contrast. I always liked the way Subaru did it on the old sti's and the way Ferrari does it on a lot of their engines. On top of that I have 3 stock plenums, so one is wrinkle red, one polished and one I paint stripped to the raw cast finish. So I can play mix and match if needs be.

I can't find a picture right now but I like the way racepace run the breathers with their catch can setups. Like in tangomatts engine bay, I forget who owns it now. Such a shame the pictures are all gone from that build thread of his.

Actually found one, I think piggaz might have a similar setup along with a few others

I know this car - its a racepace built RB28 from an R34 GTR

The wrinkle is on that is actaully custom and looks really nice

Storm trooper look

Still think that wrinkle black plennum rocks!

Red wrinkle is also nice but better only when everthing elese is also red wrinkle finished like this

pictures301_zps80d9f719.jpg

• Like 1

Heh yeah I read tango matt's whole build thread many years ago and re read it a few times. Plus the copy of hpi with his gtr in it is one of my favorites.

Yeah those nismo engines do look great, I've got a ton of pictures of them with various different ways they finish the inlet plenum and covers. Some painted, some polished, some raw. To me they all look good, even yours in black I like although I would have left it cast or polished it to match your intake pipes better. I like the fact we all do things differently and have our own personal taste that's what makes us individuals after all.

I have a second rb26 that I've prepped the covers and a mate has just done in candy apple red, after that I will probably end up getting another set of covers and doing in wrinkle red as well. I like to have options to mix and match depending on what mood I'm in lol. If and when I have the dough I'd like to get the nismo inlet plenum and turbo outlet pipes too.

post-4425-0-67628400-1400667902_thumb.jpg

post-4425-0-04060000-1400667939_thumb.jpg

post-4425-0-64340100-1400667972_thumb.jpg

post-4425-0-64131100-1400668035_thumb.jpg

Nearly finished changing all the bolts etc in the engine bay for pretty ones now, changed alot of blue ones to silver today so took a photo to celebrate :P

14268147293_78f04134c4_h.jpgEdit-3161 by 89CAL, on Flickr

Can't compete with some of the sexy 26's posted recently, but its alright for a home built 25

• Like 2