SAU Community

Good Mounting Locations For Air Intake Temperature Sensors

linkems

I'm fitting an aftermarket computer and have the option of running a more modern air intake temperature sensor as oppose to the stock rb26 one that is slow and soaks up the heat of the intake manifold. I am also fitting an r34 intercooler which has a nice hole to mount the sensor on the end tank. Will this give accurate readings or will i need to mount it much closer to the intake manifold.

4pvawy.jpg

I can't see the intake manifold being the best place for that sensor (WTF were Nissan thinking?).

Anywhere between the cold side of the cooler (where you have circled) and before it hits the engine bay. That way it doesn't get warm from heatsoak.

could run 35 gtr afm's if your keeping afm's that is

as they have air temp sensors built in to them :)

Maybe so. But after the turbos heat the air, then the cooler cools the air, what is the actual temp

Of the incoming charge?

I can't see the intake manifold being the best place for that sensor (WTF were Nissan thinking?).

Anywhere between the cold side of the cooler (where you have circled) and before it hits the engine bay. That way it doesn't get warm from heatsoak.

Makes sense to me. Closer to the chamber the better.

exactly, dumb suggestion that one was. Pretty sure he isn't using MAF based setup anyway.

If you use the gizzmo gasket on the plenum, the factory sensor spot apparently reads much better as you don't get the level of heat transfer.

remember reading someone testing that back a while ago. Still doesn't help the factory sensor is really slow though, but at least once caught up it was certainly lower and more realistic.

exactly, dumb suggestion that one was. Pretty sure he isn't using MAF based setup anyway.

If you use the gizzmo gasket on the plenum, the factory sensor spot apparently reads much better as you don't get the level of heat transfer.

remember reading someone testing that back a while ago. Still doesn't help the factory sensor is really slow though, but at least once caught up it was certainly lower and more realistic.

hook line sinker Nismoid head

Did I hear a stfu? Oh sorry that was me. The best place to mount that bitch is as close to the intake valve as possible. Passing air will take care of heat soak bitches. But mounting that shit in the port aint going to happen now is it bushies? Put it as close to your throttle body as possible. Right where your f**king blow off valve should be. Just after that bitch. That is about an inch. Gota keep that pressure in the cooler now dont we?! (more swearing and cursing)

Edited by Room42