SAU Community

Nsw S13 Silvia.. Skyline Engine Though! Rb25Det

IT15ON

Hi Guys,

Just a quick G'day. Picked up my S13 about a month or 2 ago in Sydney, spent a weekend in Newcastle where I used to live and now it's home in Tamworth. Hope to get along to a few cruises or the odd texi looks like good fun!

It has a RB25DET conversion along with R33 gearbox, previous owner said it was tuned at JEM to 180rwkw, on about 14psi. 5 Stud conversion with bigger brakes, also has coilovers, rides rough but will slide!

Pictured with my mates RB20DET 31, it also spent a bit of time around Newcastle before coming back to Tamworth.

post-97473-0-75592600-1349865887_thumb.jpgpost-97473-0-87883200-1349865899_thumb.jpg

Edited by IT15ON

Nice sleeper you have there :D High flow/Kando/Hypergear they should all net you some decent gains with the right supporting mods..... A mate had one with a baby 20 in it and it hauled ass at 220kw so with a high flow and 250ish HOLD ON! :woot:

<object width="1280" height="720"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="movie" value="https://www.facebook.com/v/10151142191438459"></param><embed'>https://www.facebook.com/v/10151142191438459"></param><embed src="https://www.facebook.com/v/10151142191438459" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="1" width="1280" height="720"></embed></object>

sorry fellas, i have a video on facebook but clearly I don't know how to embed on here yet. Lucky this is the wasteland...

Edited by IT15ON

• 2 weeks later...

Oh god. links seem to be harder to fix than the car.

Been making a fair bit of progress from where it started when I got it:

• Removed one of the two turbo timers
  • Re-wired the other turbo timer so now it should work properly
  • Upped the boost a little - need a new wastegate spring to get much more now!
  • New plugs, oil, fuel filter, cleaned air filter and now running heaps better (iridium plugs were a waste of $ - back to copper now)
  • Removed AFM as i discovered it's not in use with the haltech computer (MAP)
  • Re-wired thermo fans after a failure in wiring/relay setup (got hot!)
  • Patched loom where one wire had fried all its insulation and was exposed live for a good meter in dash/loom
  • Currently installing wideband 02 sensor and guage to keep an eye on fuel for more boost

Been prowling the classifieds for a better turbo...

I'll have a look at their gear properly soon-had a quick flick through his info earlier. If i can get that sort of power figure i'd be pretty happy, in stock location would be good to save $ and it's already engineered as is so hopefully wouldn't get too much trouble from the po. Are their setups very laggy with stock manifold?

I'll have a look at their gear properly soon-had a quick flick through his info earlier. If i can get that sort of power figure i'd be pretty happy, in stock location would be good to save $ and it's already engineered as is so hopefully wouldn't get too much trouble from the po. Are their setups very laggy with stock manifold?

from what I've seen, with just an external welded to the stock manifold guys are on full noise around 3600~3700rpm