SAU Community

Do You Have These In Your V36 Sedan Or Coupe? Help!

bosco

Can someone please tell me what this antenna is for, it looks ugly... :(

And this black microphone thing??? is it OEM? Doesn't look like it...

Please help

post-66242-0-33903000-1349944273_thumb.jpg

post-66242-0-90621000-1349944291_thumb.jpg

Edited by bosco

The one on the drivers side is for a panasonic tv tuner (probably dealer fitted). The tuner itself was located at the top of the boot in my car (but they could have put it anywhere) FYI its useless in Australia but good thing is you can remove it and use the wiring to install an aussie compatible one.

The thing on the passenger side i have not seen before. Im assuming its a antenna for mobile phone.

The little tiny little things in the corner are ultrasonic sensors for the alarm.

hope this helps

I've got the panasonic system installed in my car too and i also have an alarm system with a similar looking antenna on passenger side too. I think its a good thing gives it more of a high-tech gizmo look.

So I have received my paper work and spare keys for the V36. Did anyone receive one of these remote? will these remote be related to the big antenna on the a pillar?

post-66242-0-83993800-1350450916_thumb.jpg

Edited by bosco

I received an extra remote control but its dead now as it needs charging and obviously i dont have a charger for it. however, the alarm works regardless. I read somewhere that it did have a gps tracking system installed. My remote is not like the one pictured

interesting.. It does looks like a remote start thing.. It could be also to shut the car down if its stolen. Although if the thief isnt an idiot (but i guess they mostly are), then he could find the cable behind the antenna and cut it.. Seems overly complicated though, I would have thought most car thefts these days occur directly after they have stolen your keys first.. so if that thing is hanging off your keys, not much good..