SAU Community

Ls2 Coils On An Rb25Det Neo

hay guys

chasing info on ls2 coil packs in an rb25det neo r34

was out with a mate last nite and was telling him im about to buy splitfires and he has told me to look into ls coil packs.

he uses them on his 180sx which has 300 rwkw

i know they will have to be remote mounted like on the firewall or the top of the actual cover or something and leads made to run down but what else have ppl come up with.

are they road legal as well??

thanks heaps

hay guys

chasing info on ls2 coil packs in an rb25det neo r34

was out with a mate last nite and was telling him im about to buy splitfires and he has told me to look into ls coil packs.

he uses them on his 180sx which has 300 rwkw

i know they will have to be remote mounted like on the firewall or the top of the actual cover or something and leads made to run down but what else have ppl come up with.

are they road legal as well??

thanks heaps

I have a GTT and splitfires and over 350rwkw

No spark issue I would just go the splitfires

No extra work Drop them in

Valley cover back on no issues job done.

just spoke with chequered tuning

seems that its a massive pain in the ass unless im going over 400kw and change to a forward facing plenum setup coz the cross over pipe is a bitch.

i guess delete thread :)

I have a GTT and splitfires and over 350rwkw

No spark issue I would just go the splitfires

No extra work Drop them in

Valley cover back on no issues job done.

Yep +1 here..............

• 1 year later...

just spoke with chequered tuning

seems that its a massive pain in the ass unless im going over 400kw and change to a forward facing plenum setup coz the cross over pipe is a bitch.

i guess delete thread :)

its a fairly easy mod if you can fabricate and weld and the coil packs are much cheaper than split fire and they pack a bigger punch ,at 135mj the oem and splitfire coils would be no where near that

nothing worse than upgrading the ignition a total of 3-4 times in a build and it becomes costly just do it once and do it properly for a reasonable price.

the yanks have been running ls2 coil packs as C.O.P for a while with no known issues

we have been testing the ls2 coil packs as a C.O.P , currently setting up 2 x sr20det 500 hp race rally buggies, 2 x drift cars 2jzgte 600 hp and rb25 500hp ( will post in the near future but we would need to run them for a while in extreme conditions to really see a conclusive result )

I would advise against fitting any sort of cover over the coils !

I have attached an image of a rb25 with forward facing manifold but you can clearly see the cross over pipe wouldn't be an issue

one advantage is even if a coil fails you can buy a replacement without hassle.

The split fires were replaced because insufficient spark ( which was probably 1 coil causing the problem but i wanted to test this setup and this was my chance, the customer refused to go back to the split fires he explained that this was the best the car had ever run.

along with many other issues that plagued this vehicle including a sticking WG flapper on return , once i worked through most of the issues the end result was 320 kw on 22 psi

go to our facebook page for more details https://www.facebook.com/advancedjapautoimports

post-58446-0-59211500-1390487779_thumb.jpg