SAU Community

Removing rear bar - need help

6 nuts to be undone from inside the boot ... 3 either side below the lights towards the outside of the car.. 12mm if i remember right... then you have to remove the "skyline" from between the lights (4 nuts from behind plastic panel near latch) then there will be 2-3 clips on a shelf the bar sits on......... then slide it out!!

oh and check out the number plate mount.. will have to remove plate and possibly the mount too... i removed mine but not sure if essential!!

hope this helps

6 nuts to be undone from inside the boot ...  3 either side below the lights towards the outside of the car.. 12mm if i remember right... then you have to remove the "skyline" from between the lights (4 nuts from behind plastic panel near latch) then there will be 2-3 clips on a shelf the bar sits on......... then slide it out!!

oh and check out the number plate mount.. will have to remove plate and possibly the mount too... i removed mine but not sure if essential!!

hope this helps

cool... i'll use this when my bodykit finally arrives.

you mention the "skyline" between the lights. do you know where I can get a hold of the "skyline" that actually illuminates? i don't know if this is an extra thing or if it's part of the series 1 skylines?

be very interested in getting a hold of one of those...

you mention the "skyline" between the lights.  do you know where I can get a hold of the "skyline" that actually illuminates?  i don't know if this is an extra thing or if it's part of the series 1 skylines?

i have the SKYLINE PART off this gtr i am wrecking. what you wanna pay for it? its silver

i have the SKYLINE PART off this gtr i am wrecking. what you wanna pay for it? its silver

really? nice... so it is the "skyline" section that is of the see-through type indicator plastic material type thingo-ma-boby-ma-jig (beware; i'm getting highly technical here)...? i'm not interested unless it lights up, because i've seen a few of them and they do look very cool and very rice'y..

cost? no idea... what's the going rate?

myr332, the ones that light up are from series 1 gtst's cause they are clear, just have to install led's behind it.. i put a neon back there but it's not big enough.. will be hooking up led's soon!

you also have to paint the panel around the letters if you only want the letters lighting up, or leave it if you want all of it (skyline has silver chrome paint on it standard)..

LaL: He is looking for the Skyline centre panel that illuminates, not the standard painted item

no hes not. heslooking for a Series 1 R33 GTSt centre skline panel. stop acting like MR KNOW IT ALL.

i think they go for about $250 F-Off-Buckaroos at a wreckers.  thats just too much for rice in my oppinion...hehe.  its only 20bucks or so here per sack at the local groceries:D:D

LOL, but does it GLOW??? :headbang:

myr332, the ones that light up are from series 1 gtst's cause they are clear, just have to install led's behind it.. i put a neon back there but it's not big enough.. will be hooking up led's soon!  

you also have to paint the panel around the letters if you only want the letters lighting up, or leave it if you want all of it (skyline has silver chrome paint on it standard)..

so all I have to do is go to a wreckers and buy the see-through variety skyline plate? do they have these packaged anywhere (including the required neon) that I can buy off the shelf, or will it be a bit of a DIY job?

thanks for your help! :)

no hes not. heslooking for a Series 1 R33 GTSt centre skline panel. stop acting like MR KNOW IT ALL.

Learn to read you rude little twat

you mention the "skyline" between the lights.  do you know where I can get a hold of the "skyline" that actually illuminates?  i don't know if this is an extra thing or if it's part of the series 1 skylines?

offcourse i read what he said, i was offering him something and you don thave to interupt like on all of my other sales.

You are a moron that clearly has an issue comprehending plain english.

I was clarifying what myr332 appeared to be looking for to assist your thread and attempt to prevent confusion.

Enough crying

i would like to know if anyone has tooken out there bbar on there bcnr33 ? since i will try to take this bar out but first off id like to get some ideas on the easiest way of doin this.