SAU Community

Scraped! =[ What's The Best Option?

Jack0R33

Was walking towards my car during my lunch break at work. I had parked my car in a spot where a u turn is possible because the island in the middle of the two lane ends there. I know it's not the smartest place to park but it was almost a 4 lane road and cars are always parked there!

Anyway, some dumbsh*t was trying to make a u-turn in a 4WD, something like a land cruiser. The reason i don't know exactly what the car was is because it didn't occur to me at first that he had touched my car, i was around 50m away walking across lanes to get there (road is not busy at all), he hit the brakes hard and that made more noise than him actually hitting the car so i never heard it, I just suspected it. The guy spotted me walking in his direction, he knew i witnessed what happened so he floored it down the road, i got to my car ( walking quickly at this point ) and noticed what he had left behind, my heart rate spiked :verymad: . I got in the car and gunned it, didn't even let the poor girl warm up! =[, she was hesitating at first but she picked up after the first left turn 100m away, however by then the guy was out of sight ( its either a left turn or right turn but i didn't know which one he took), i chose to turn left and gunned it up the road but never saw him again, i had to get back to work too so that was the end of it.

Basically this is what i'm left with, after cleaning the area up.

post-62143-0-18181300-1352709479_thumb.jpg post-62143-0-79039600-1352709503_thumb.jpg post-62143-0-49920500-1352709527_thumb.jpg

I'm lucky that's all that happened, paint isn't damaged much, its the panel. I do not want a re-spray, the way i see it my options are:

1. Repair it, take it to a shop or get a mobile dent romval business to come and fix it.
  2. Change the panels, get a new door and guard.

Can't think of many more options at the moment. Anyone got an idea of what to do from here? How bad does it look (in terms of difficulty to repair and so on..)?

There wasn't a ding on the car before this =[, she was soooo clean!

Yeah i looked up the mobile repair guys, the only reason i created this thread was to find out if anyone else had any experience with a certain repairer and would recommend them. Also to get an opinion on how bad it looks.

Thanks mate.

• 4 weeks later...