SAU Community

Headlight Restoration - Integra Type R / Heavily Scratched

iwanta34gtr

Hi Everyone,

Just completed headlight restoration on an Integra Type R and thought I'd share the results.

You can see from the before pictures what sort of condition they were in prior to restoration.

The process in short -

1) Wet sand - 1200 / 2000 grit

2) Compound - Meguiars M105 (DA buffer)

3) Polish - Meguiars M205 (DA buffer)

4) Seal - Meguiars headlight protectant

If done correctly, as per the photos - you should end up with a 'like new' crystal clear finish with no sanding marks - etc.

The 4th step is essential to stop the yellow from reoccurring. Whenever I polish - I also run another layer of wax / protectant on the headlights as well to prevent this.

Enjoy.

1) BEFORE -

1befores.jpg

1) AFTER -

1donea.jpg

2) BEFORE -

2before.jpg

2) AFTER -

2done.jpg

3) BEFORE -

3beforev.jpg

3) AFTER -

3done.jpg

Edited by iwanta34gtr

This looks awesome mate!

Just a question, where do you get your products from? I'm finding it hard to find a place in AUS that sells them.

Cheers

Hi mate,

Supercheap stocks most of the Meguiars products I use. Some of the stuff I use is a special order, but they can get it.

The ones they dont have or cant get (All seasons dressing, headlight protectant - etc), I get it imported from the states.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

This looks awesome mate!

Just a question, where do you get your products from? I'm finding it hard to find a place in AUS that sells them.

Cheers

Rare spares sells the megs pro products

M105 etc

Farcela works too

Even better is the aircraft lexan window restoration products but damn hard to find outside of USA

Sandpaper man in qld has 12,000 gritt wet paper which brings up the lens on the r34 to perfection

before hitting it with polish and buffing compounds to a better then new finish , you can get rid of casting defects and blemishes from factory