SAU Community

Pod Filter Noise

Bw33zy

Just a question, looking for some feedback, i have a Blitz Sus pod filter on my Gtst, to me it is way too loud and all i hear is induction noise/sucking even over the exhaust. Is this the case for most of the top brand filters? also or are the Blitz just very loud? Might sound noob, but im curious into changing brands, but dont wanna waste money. Thanks

I think any form of pod filter will sound the same so don't waste your money buying a similar thing in another brand.

I've got a 33 GTST. I went from the stock airbox with a K&N panel filter to the HKS dome pod with the foam filter.

Personally, I love the induction sound but each to their own.

cheers

Most pod filters make heaps of induction noise. I'd say the only real difference between filters' noise would be foam vs paper pods.

Either get a cold air box to surround the pod (muffle a lot of the noise) or go back to standard air box. Either of these options will shut it up and also give you slightly more power/efficiency.

Yeah i even have a JJR Pod enclosure now, the Blitz is a paper style pod (hard with mesh), i dont have the standard airbox as i bought the car like this.

I do agree and like induction noise, but this just sounds overly loud. Cheers

Edited by Bw33zy

The induction noise will be much more audible inside the cabin than outside, for the record.

Ok sweet thanks for the feedback, just wish someone that has this same filter could tell me what they think, just to know Edited by Bw33zy

I had a Blitz pod filter, got rid of it for a stock airbox with K&N panel, and also a metal intake pipe to the turbo. Because of the metal pipe I still get a strong induction noise, but my BOV is a lot quieter unless I'm hitting boost pretty hard, it's a pretty good setup.

I had a Blitz pod filter, got rid of it for a stock airbox with K&N panel, and also a metal intake pipe to the turbo. Because of the metal pipe I still get a strong induction noise, but my BOV is a lot quieter unless I'm hitting boost pretty hard, it's a pretty good setup.

Okay sweet, did u think the blitz was loud also? i just purchased a stainless intake pipe, yet to fit.