SAU Community

Took The Plunge - Blue 2011 R35

Slayermatic

So I have bought a newish 2011 R35 (500kms on the clock) and I have a few questions:

Dealer is offering an extra two years of factory warranty (total of five) for around 2K. Is this worth getting? (not planning on modding straight away, but I will probably do some mild upgrades in 12 months or so)

They also offered a rear vision mirror reverse camera and sensors for $1200, I have asked about the MFD integrated rear camera and they are going to get back to me. Has anyone installed one of MFD integrated ones?

I am shipping the car from Perth to Newcastle, I have been getting quotes from a few places, does anyone have any recommendations for shipping companies they have used?

Car will arrive in about two weeks. How will I get to sleep in the meantime? :D

2011's came with the reverse cam installed (from memory). Is this the 2011 blue from Magic Nissan? Magic are a good bunch, I bought my new 2010 Super Silver from them Nov 2011 for not a lot :). Magic shipped mine via CEVA and it got to me in Brisbane without any issues.

Did they mention who is underwriting the warranty. Alianz covers the standard manufacturer warranty, but do not provide any extensions.

Edited by Wardski

Yep it's from Magic, they have been great to deal with. I think I got a similar deal to your's, so really happy with it.

Thanks will get a quote from CEVA.

They said it was the same as the manufacturer's warranty, but I have asked for the terms and conditions so I can see exactly what's on offer.

Let me know how you go re shipping, my experience in attempting to get mine from Adel to Syd proved difficlut because of the (low) ground clearance. Toll carry for Nissan, but refused to do private for me because of the GC issue. In the end I just gave up and had dad drive it accross.

Good work mate, congrats! will be nice to see one (more) around newcastle.

Also if you have it by the 2nd of dec, we have a cruise organised, search the events thread or pm me for details if interested.

Also another user 'wedge_R34_gtr' (might not be his exact spelling), has just had his 34R do the reverse trip from newcastle to perth, can pm him for his details and experience?

anyways, all the best re shipping!

Cheers,

Anthony

ps. would love to go for a ride in one (still havent been in one yet) if you need an excuse to drive it :) can only offer a return ride in my 34 GTR, which may or may not interest you ha.

Yep it's from Magic, they have been great to deal with. I think I got a similar deal to your's, so really happy with it.

Thanks will get a quote from CEVA.

They said it was the same as the manufacturer's warranty, but I have asked for the terms and conditions so I can see exactly what's on offer.

Damn, I was watching that 2011 drop in price too :) CEVA was very good, although Magic footed the bill for the transport in my deal (I negotiated hard!)

Make sure, which ever company you use for transport, to ask Magic to put seat, floor, gear shifter and steering wheel protectors on the car (the same gear they use during servicing) prior to transport, so you don't get sweaty mover guy smells in the car. They did that with mine, got to the other side in one piece. I think if I had my way again though, I would have asked that the front seats be cling wrapped. The material covers were barely covering the seats when mine arrived. Thank goodness there were no issues.

I had only one fine paint scratch on the passenger side above the door that polished out no probs, make sure you give it a throrough checking over (before you start the drooling process) when it arrives at your door.

Edited by Wardski

Good work mate, congrats! will be nice to see one (more) around newcastle.

Also if you have it by the 2nd of dec, we have a cruise organised, search the events thread or pm me for details if interested.

Also another user 'wedge_R34_gtr' (might not be his exact spelling), has just had his 34R do the reverse trip from newcastle to perth, can pm him for his details and experience?

anyways, all the best re shipping!

Cheers,

Anthony

ps. would love to go for a ride in one (still havent been in one yet) if you need an excuse to drive it :) can only offer a return ride in my 34 GTR, which may or may not interest you ha.

Thanks. Probably, won't arrive until the 5th or 6th of Dec, but if it arrives before I will let you know. I will send him a message and see who he used. Never been in an R34 so I might take you up on your offer, should have some time over the christmas break to go for a run.

Damn, I was watching that 2011 drop in price too :) CEVA was very good, although Magic footed the bill for the transport in my deal (I negotiated hard!) Make sure, which ever company you use for transport, to ask Magic to put seat, floor, gear shifter and steering wheel protectors on the car (the same gear they use during servicing) prior to transport, so you don't get sweaty mover guy smells in the car. They did that with mine, got to the other side in one piece. I think if I had my way again though, I would have asked that the front seats be cling wrapped. The material covers were barely covering the seats when mine arrived. Thank goodness there were no issues. I had only one fine paint scratch on the passenger side above the door that polished out no probs, make sure you give it a throrough checking over (before you start the drooling process) when it arrives at your door.

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated, will let you guys know how it goes.

take (or get taken) a HEAP of photos of all 4 rims, front/rear diffusers (particularly front) and lots of pics of 'likely effected' panels, doors, front/rear bumpers. And of course the most accurate odo reading you can get (if it gives you 500.xx km etc, get it exactly)

i wish you the best with the CEVA lottery

i wish you the best with the CEVA lottery

Yeah can be a bit of a lottery...mine was meant to go via enclosed transport. Somehow, they got it on the train dispite the lack of ride height (measured 115mm...train is meant to require 150mm) and now half the Nullabour plain is stuck to my car. I blame my removalist for this rather then CEVA as they failed to convey to CEVA my stipulations for transport.

I did however have 4 minor marks on my front diffuser where they obviously mis-judged the ride hide when they were trying to get it up a ramp.

In addition to the GTR, i've had a 4wd go from perth to newcastle and back with CEVA and have got no complaints about that.

Edited by wedge_r34gtr

bring a laptop or tablet etc if you can when you pick it up, compare photos to car condition - DO NOT LEAVE unless you're 100% happy, will just be harder to chase anything else up if you need to (so don't pick it up 5mins before closing time either if you can avoid it, so you can take your time sorting anything out)

hope all goes well

When Magic organised my GTR to Brisbane, it was transported like this:

1. Dealer to Perth CEVA dispatch (tray back truck)

2. CEVA Perth to Melb - Container (train)

3. Melb to CEVA Bris - Container (train)

4. CEVA to me in Bris (tray back truck)

There was no damage during transport - unless of course it was repaired before arrial to my door step - but from what I know, transport companies do not repair anything themselves before hand-over if damage was incurred during transport.

Also, the 6 pak Super Silver paint is an absolute b1tch to fix if there was any damage and there's only 2 qualified paint shops in Brisbane able to fix it. Delivery from WA to QLD took about 3 weeks. I admit I was suspicious that something had happened to the car (I felt like 3 weeks was too long?), so I spoke to both paint shops on the day of delivery and they confirmed my GTR had not passed through.

I agree it's a lottery for sure. I was worried as fcuk that something might have happened during the trip. I guess the only way to guarantee is to fly over and drive it back with a car bra on it.

Edited by Wardski