SAU Community

Formula 1 2013

dezz

The chances of the Valencia street circuit ever returning have been dealt a blow with news that the track is a state of disrepair.

Valencia joined the Formula One calendar back in 2008 but dropped off the calendar after last year's race due to the cost of hosting a Formula One grand prix.

And although there are no plans to return to Valencia any time soon, any chance of that happening in the future have been quashed by reports that the venue in a sorry state.

According to Spanish daily Marca, a video of the venue shows missing wiring and flooded access tunnels. Added to that "a bridge that cost two million [is] now only used by vagrants to spend the night.

"Only seven months ago, the last Grand Prix of Europe was held at the track.

"Now, far from the glamour, the neighbours complain that there is no supervision and that thieves have taken everything that was worth anything."

Spanish driver Fernando Alonso won the last race at Valencia, the 2012 European GP.

http://www.planetf1....t-in-disrepair-

/nevercomingback..

Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone has called off negotiations with the Nurburgring, according to German publication Der Spiegel.

"Following a detailed examination of the (Nurburgring's) proposal, we do not accept it as financially feasible and therefore end the negotiations," Der Spiegel quoted Ecclestone.

Normally the German Grand Prix is alternated between Nurburgring and Hockenheim, and the latter has been touted as a possible venue for the 2013 race, despite hosting it in 2012.

German news agency DPA and Der Spiegel both reported that no official comment was available yet from Nurbrugring officials.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227/8447686/Bernie-calls-off-Nurburg-talks

Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone has called off negotiations with the Nurburgring, according to German publication Der Spiegel.

"Following a detailed examination of the (Nurburgring's) proposal, we do not accept it as financially feasible and therefore end the negotiations," Der Spiegel quoted Ecclestone.

Normally the German Grand Prix is alternated between Nurburgring and Hockenheim, and the latter has been touted as a possible venue for the 2013 race, despite hosting it in 2012.

German news agency DPA and Der Spiegel both reported that no official comment was available yet from Nurbrugring officials.

http://www.planetf1....f-Nurburg-talks

Bernie is a rat! Seriously. When Germany pulls the pin on GP due to Financial concerns, how far behind can be all the other Euro rounds!

18 rounds this year by the looks of it. I am pissed off as I was tossing up between a mid year trip for a few track days and the German GP or trip to Japan....looks liek decision is made for me :(

German manufacturer...god knows how many German drivers, German WDC and looks like no race. But lets keep Korea, China, Sandville etc :(

I thought they were getting rid of step noses??

James Allison says Lotus will only add a modesty panel to their E21 if they "find one that develops downforce."

The most notable feature at first glance is the stepped-nose which Lotus have retained and without the cover of a modesty panel.

Explaining the team's reason, technical director James Allison said a "cosmetic panel would weigh a few grams."

He added that the team would only include it if they "find one that develops downforce we will add later."

"I can assure you that we've done a lot, the whole team has been putting their heart and soul into this thing for quite some time," said Allison.

"There is a lot gone into it and it is going to be an exciting car.

"The rules for 2013 are very, very similar to 2012 so you can expect a lot of family resemblance from the 2012 car, but the devil is in the detail and it adds up to a significant amount of performance.

"There are lots of new ideas and same concepts we have been pushing on with for a few years."

Allison confirmed that Lotus will continue with the passive DRS system they trialed last season.

"This is an area we continue to work on and the passive nature of the switching of our device means it is not outlawed by the latest regulations.

"It is not something which will be a silver bullet to transform our car, but it is something which could add performance as part of the overall design."

http://www.planetf1....s-in-the-detail

Lotus-E21_2892373.jpg

http://www.planetf1....tepped-Nose-E21

Bernie is a rat! Seriously. When Germany pulls the pin on GP due to Financial concerns, how far behind can be all the other Euro rounds!

18 rounds this year by the looks of it. I am pissed off as I was tossing up between a mid year trip for a few track days and the German GP or trip to Japan....looks liek decision is made for me :(

German manufacturer...god knows how many German drivers, German WDC and looks like no race. But lets keep Korea, China, Sandville etc :(

It's an epic fail on Bernie's part..

But the fans have f**k all say about it in Bernie's world.