SAU Community

Bellhousing Fail In 2010 Adm Gtr R35

Wardski

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid that's what you get with Nissan. Tida machanics, having done their 1 day course, now trying service a GT-R. Why am I not surpised.

Sorry mate, but your selling them a bit short there. I personally am good friends with a Factory GTR trained mechanic, and know that the Factory course that they do is very in-depth, involves them driving the car on a track. The GTR also has its own tool chest.

I was actually talking to him about this issue on NYE. He found the issue, videoed it, and sent it to Nissan long before this thread popped up. So far He's done 4 replacements.

Sorry mate, but your selling them a bit short there. I personally am good friends with a Factory GTR trained mechanic, and know that the Factory course that they do is very in-depth, involves them driving the car on a track. The GTR also has its own tool chest.

I was actually talking to him about this issue on NYE. He found the issue, videoed it, and sent it to Nissan long before this thread popped up. So far He's done 4 replacements.

I agree with you so don't stress about people who aren't actually in the game - GT-R OZ doesn't actually own a GTR R35, and has never driven one or dealt with Nissan servicing/warranty issues. Take what he says with a grain of salt :P

I'm good friends with my Nissan service manager. They are very professional. At one point I was getting hourly updates via SMS. If I didn't want them to repair it, It wouldn't be with them

Edited by Wardski

'Yerp, you're probably right.....'

I'm good friends with my Nissan service manager. They are very professional.

Lol Wardy you're a classic! Why did you agree with me then? You say one thing then say another. Are you an Arthur or a Martha? You remind of a nerd I went to school with, just agrees with everybody to try and get some mates lol

Oh and by the way I have driven an R35 and I deal with Nissan all the time with issues on other vehicles. :yes:

'Yerp, you're probably right.....'

I'm good friends with my Nissan service manager. They are very professional.

Lol Wardy you're a classic! Why did you agree with me then? You say one thing then say another. Are you an Arthur or a Martha? You remind of a nerd I went to school with, just agrees with everybody to try and get some mates lol

Oh and by the way I have driven an R35 and I deal with Nissan all the time with issues on other vehicles. :yes:

Arthur or Ma Martha when you're telling everyone you can't get a test drive of a GTR in Sydney lol....

I said "yerp you're probably right" but I didn't say I agree with you. Get your context right... :D

Edited by Wardski

http://www.sportscar...ire_sydney.html

I believe we were just talking about this on another thread. Try and keep up lol. :spank:

Lol 'Context' Too late to back track on that one buddy. :)

PN-Mad

I'm also curious to know how driving a car around a track and the fact that it has it's own tool chest makes for a better machanic? Certainly didn't make much of a differnce in this case did it? Maybe that covers the service costs. How much did you say Nissan would charge you Wardy for this work if the car was out of warranty lol. A lazy 12k! Hmmm now if I had an R35 that was out of warranty and needed this work done, where would I take it? Farrk!

You're joking right!

Edited by GT-R OZ

GTR-OZ

You obviously have no idea what you’re talking about regarding the training that they receive ("Nissan Tida machanics, having done their 1 day course, now trying service a GT-R"). So I'm not going to argue the point with you. Its Mechanics too mate, with an "e".

Where would I take the car out of warranty? Well I'd do it myself. Taken a gearbox out of a Turbocharged VQ before, so I doubt they'd be any issues with this. Parts are available from the US as has been linked.

Where would I take the car out of warranty? Well I'd do it myself. Taken a gearbox out of a Turbocharged VQ before, so I doubt they'd be any issues with this. Parts are available from the US as has been linked.

I'm affraid I'm a stickler for quality workmanship. If anything happens to mine post Dec 2014, I'll be trucking my beast to SA for Martin & the Willall team to play with :D

I'm affraid I'm a stickler for quality workmanship. If anything happens to mine post Dec 2014, I'll be trucking my beast to SA for Martin & the Willall team to play with :D

Totally understandable. As am I. Thats why I do my own work with Mates, as I haven't found anyone I'm totally happy with. Except Jez who does my Tune work- legend.

The reason dealerships are so expensive is because the service side of things props up the sales side of things. I was suprised when some other people in a different thread said the margins of new cars are very small. Parts/service is the only way they can keep running.

Very nice,wait awhile then do a tune,the sound will be that little bit better again.

How does a tune affect the sound?? Interesting :P Nah no more mods. I am pushing the limits of warranty/no warranty already :D

Gopro Hero3 will be on the car over the weekend. I'll get some exhaust sound/vids for yas.

Edited by Wardski