SAU Community

Cefiro #3 - Can't Stay Away

konect

Hi all,

I wrote a long and awesome back story about getting this car and the drive back from QLD but I hit the back button on my mouse and lost it, so you get the brief version of the post...

• Saw car had a price drop
  • Made and offer and it was accepted
  • Flew up to QLD with a mate one weekend
  • Drive car home via Newell Hwy (never again on this route)
  • Blew a coilover on a pot hole, got pulled over by the cops, smelt like petrol fumes. Made it home by Sunday night.
  • Plan is to track it next year and tidy it up for club rego at some point so I get more use out of it.

Goodies list....

Blue (lexus ISf colour) 88 model A31 cefiro

ENGINE / GEARBOX

Series 2 RB25det gearbox with near new NPC button clutch, also just fitted a new centre bearing.

completely forged rebuilt series 2 rb25det engine. (same engine that matches the mod certificates)

scat rods, JE forged pistons, Total seal rings. All balanced with the clutch flywheel and balancer all attached.

Engine sits at a good 8:7:1 ratio so still responsive and not lazy off boost.

head had all tests done for warping and cracks etc. and all new valve guides fitted.

permaseal multilayer steel headgasket

Brand new nissan standard oil pump

front and rear main seals

new tensioner, idler and gates racing timing belt

new water pump

new cam cover seals and cam gear seals. etc.

wrinkle coated cam covers.

WALBRO (genuine) intank fuel pump mounted properly to avoid any fuel surge and hardwired to battery (still under ecu control)

Apexi power FC ECU with handcontroller

Currently tuned to 366hp on 21psi

Greddy copy front facing plenum that has had the ports cleaned up on and the manifold faced for proper seal to the head.

SARD 850cc injectors in standard fuel rail

Drift fuel pressure regulator with associated speedflow lines

D1 remote header tank for the cooling system.

Massive 52mm alloy radiator and still running standard clutch fan. (thermos simply dont work trust me!!)

splitfire coilpacks

GARRETT GT2876r dual ball bearing turbo with internal wastegate and standard nissan dump pipe rear housing.

VH41de airflow metre with custom pod adaptor and filter

Greddy profec electronic boost controller with incab adjustment.

Full 3inch exhaust from the turbo back with a hotdog style muffler and twin 3" drift pipes out the rear

Oil relocation kit and 15 row cooler

PWR powersteering cooler

new engine mounts and gearbox mount.

Allstar performance custom alloy catch can with proflow filter and speedflow lines.

BRAKES

Recently had a full overhaul. =) the standard stuff was pathetic

RDA slotted front 33gtst rotors and bendix ultimate pads

RDA slotted rear 33gtst rotors with brand new genuine handbrake shoes

fitted an r33gtst master cylinder and booster aswell

Has full 5 stud conversion. aftermarket front hubs with new wheel bearings

rears are s14 5 stud hubs with gktech extra long wheel studs.

locked r200 r32 diff with 5 bolt half shafts

SUSPENSION

S13 JIC MAGIC Coilovers. Base height adjustable front and rear and dampening adjustable think they are 8kg fronts and 6kg rears from memory but relatively comfortable on the street anyway

SELBYS sway bars with 3 way adjustment. (these thinks are awesome)

unknown brand front strut brace

adjustable castor arms

adjustable rear camber arms

GKteck hicas elimination kit (intern gives u adjustable toe arms)

hicas lock bar

Solid subframe collars.

INTERIOR

Full safety 21 6 point bolt in rollcage - Sold this as I will get a weld in CAMS cage next year

Rear seats removed

Stock seats

Boost guage (autometer)

Oil pressure and water temp (supercheap specials =P )

MOMO pedal set.

EXTERIOR / WHEELS

Factory metal guards have been flared roughly 50mm in the front and 80mm in the rear

these have been properly done with the standard bodywork cut, stitched then glassed/filled and painted.

full URAS bodykit with spare kit aswell.

DMAX roof wing

carbon wrapped pillars.

Wheels are genuine SSR Vienna schnitte wheels

rears are 18 x 10.5 +5 with a 8mm spacer to clear the bigger brakes (hence the long wheel studs)

Fronts are 18 x 9.5 +30 with a 45mm spacer to bring the trackwidth inline with the rears.

Future plans

• Buy new front seats (at least drivers so I can actually fit in the car comfortably)
  • Get it re-tuned by Chequered so I'm confident to thrash it
  • Fix speedo cable so it works
  • Fix the tacho which is stuck at 3k rpm
  • Get new coilovers
  • Clean up the interior and replace a lot of the trim pieces (leaving out the rear seats)
  • Replace the locked diff with a 2-way
  • Weld in CAMS cage

Some images to enjoy...

Stopping off for some food after finally finding a tyre shop that had 16in tires to fit the stockies. $400 I didn't want to have to spend on stock tires but we were desperate :(

post-18824-0-28439500-1355036427_thumb.jpg

Stayed at Moree overnight and stopped off at Parkes quickly the next day.

post-18824-0-66914800-1355036448_thumb.jpg

Reached Nagambie about 8pm Sunday after leaving Moree at 6:30am and had a fuel / food stop

post-18824-0-59748700-1355036547_thumb.jpg

After putting the car in the garage and not touching it for a week I thought I should put the old rims back on it and take it for a spin while it still had rego and a cover note.

post-18824-0-71666900-1355036605_thumb.jpg

post-18824-0-89351700-1355036617_thumb.jpg

post-18824-0-31856600-1355036645_thumb.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

good to see your in another ceffy

plan on owning it longer then the black one ? :P

Haha for sure! Got the house with a garage now so no reason to sell the car. Want to make it something pleasant to drive and slide. Right now it feels like a bit of a tin can.

Edited by konect

Haha for sure! Got the house with a garage now so no reason to sell the car. Want to make it something pleasant to drive and slide. Right now it feels like a bit of a tin can.

nice, congrats!

i bet you claimed the garage so the misses cant even enter it lol

• 2 weeks later...

Also activities happening over the next week or so....

1. Purchasing weather shields

2. Welding up holes in the floor where the bolt in cage was

3. Removing the carpet over where the rear seat was welding in some sheet metal to fill in the hole that goes through to the boot.

4. Filling AC holes in the firewall and any other holes I can find to try and stop the petrol smell coming through.

• 3 weeks later...

ooh , that looks nice , so number 3 eh? which one was your favorite?

That's like saying "which kid is your favourite?"! I expect this one will become my favourite because it is so setup but I can't go past my first ceffy as the current fave. It was my first import, learnt how to drift in it, learnt the punishment of speeding in it (haven't had a speeding fine since I sold it in 2007!) and learnt how expensive imports really are.

Getting reeeeally keen to drive this car though and really see what it can do on the track.

• 2 weeks later...

*insert James May voice* and now its time for THE NEWS!

• Pulled out the dash cluster to see if I could fix the tacho problem and I can't, so I'm going to try a new cluster - let me know if anyone has one
  • BRIDE Artis arrived today. Just gotta patch a hole in it and then it can be installed
  • Went hunting for 2 grommets in a 7mm and 40mm size and got no where - any one know where I can get closed grommets?
  • Washed the car for the first time since I drove it home from QLD and the bugs came off quite easily
  • Moved 1 step closer to club rego
  • Thinking I might sell the wheels and go a bit smaller for the street
  • WTB a pair of indicators for the front bar if anyone has some for sale

Going to same some bickies and get it tuned next. Stay tuned!

Update.

Seat has arrived and been fitted complete with pimp padded tiger patch I got my gfs mum to sew for me. I ended up glueing the rip that was there closed first, then glueing the patch on with upholstery glue and seems to hold really well. So good to not hit my head on the roof any more but I've got the rail up for sail as I want to get the FG super low for even more head clearance.

Next item is a retune but probably wont be for a few months >.<

Pic...

post-18824-0-21709200-1360845364_thumb.jpg