SAU Community

DYNO RESULT: T517Zs on GTR

ph1- great figures there, got cam gears but maybe the guys adjusted them more for top end power??? I dunno....

I think the power these turbos are pushing is expected, how much more power do you think they should be pushing out???? 325rwkws @20 psi compared to your 317rwkws @ 18psi, seems about right doesn't it, taking into consideration you got bigger cams??

Maybe with bigger cams I shall I expect about 340rwkws @ 20psi or even 360rwkws @ 22psi???

I guess we'll never know until I get the cams and retune, with emphasis on adjusting cam gears for low/mid range (when turbos begin to spool)

Anybody have any comments/feedback???

Also just to emphasise I'm not only interested in power, but also concerned about response and lag..

As for bigger camshafts, they're definetly on the list...

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack,

I think ph1 has spent some big$$ on his motor , forgies, rods, etc etc.. and running big boost shouldn't be a problem for him... like he said, your turbo's would more likely be a better set for his car as his 8cm trust are running out of puff top end. Unlike our set-ups, we're still running stock internals, limiting our option for more reliable power. I also think the boys have tuned your car to be on the very safe side. Like you, I am happy but want that litle more now. After a chat with Emre, he got around 400rwkw with the GT2530's on stock internals, but obviously running that sort of power continually, something has to give. Based on Emre, I think we can still get alot more power out of the cars, but how far before something give's. Ultimately my next option would be motor work, but that's unlikely at this stage.

meshmesh- Your spot on, there's definetly more in it, even Nigel said for me to get used to the power, and then bring it around if I want more in the future.... But it all boils down to how long you want your motor to last!!!!!! I'm sure with c16, heaps of timing and 2 bar of boost, my car should be capable of 400rwkws aswell, but not willing to sacrifice the engine at this stage.....

OK.. I tried to compare my first dyno run "which needs to be said, was done in shootout, and on a different dyno as ICE hadn't got there's yet".. & Jack's dyno which was done on ICE's which was not in shootout. But for the time being I thought it would of interest. The thing I noticed most is the trust makes quite some power from 140-170km/h, and keeps on going, where the HKS just flattens out from 140 onwards.

.................TRUST......HKS GT2530

KMH...........KW...........KW

KPH-------Trust-----HKS--------Diff

80----------50--------60--------20%

95----------80--------90--------13%

110--------113-------140--------24%

125--------160-------220--------38%

140--------240-------280--------17%

155--------307-------298--------(3%)

170--------320-------319--------0%

185--------324-------320--------(1%)

195--------324-------321--------(1%)

Average---213--------228--------7%

Am I reading this table right? The 2530's have 38% more power at 125 kph than the Trust's and their average is 7% (15 rwkw) higher?

Hi SK,

I guess so.. unless I've made a boo boo?? I used Jacks dyno from this thread and my dyno from my thread http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...347&postcount=2

EDIT: If I can also add, My first dyno run was done in Shootout, Jack's was NOT in Shootout. And some say Shootout adds around 10%~. I'll try to get copies of both our runs which were done on the same dyno.

excellent result from your car Jack! mine wasn't in shootout either so it's a good comparison with yours. mine makes power quickly but after about 155k's, you're in front.

put me down for the comparison testing!

Can I be part of this comparison too? :thumbsup:

Absolutely, if you have low mount turbos...

No point in comparing if you have a T88 strapped to the side, you're goals are completely different to Jack's, Simon's and my own.

I'll have a completely built engine, so I could strap on a T51R SPL and turn up the boost if I wanted to, but that's not what this comparo is about.

meshmesh- yeah did a similar comparison with the two graphs, but since they were done in different modes, thought it would be inaccurate and inconclusive....

ula32 & NRB- yeah sure!!! I would like to see how ula32's N1's compare to both the 2530's and T517Z's.... NRB, what turbos you running???? This will a very interesting comparison!!! All we need is somebody with the Apexi AX's and we've got the set!!!!

meshmesh- yeah did a similar comparison with the two graphs, but since they were done in different modes, thought it would be inaccurate and inconclusive....

Hi Jack, Agreed!

I think NRB has 2530's aswell??

Should be good to have them all on the same dyno same time, just need to hassle the boys at ICE. I spoke to Nige about it, but he said it wasn't necessary as seeing I did my last dyno tune on his dyno when we pulled back some timing, and he had both our runs on file. It was just a matter of pulling them up?? I'd still want to organise something. It'd good to have Merli ther aswell, however I think by the time he finishes his car (Unfair Advantage - Motor Mods :D ), he'll be struggling to pay his fuel cost down to Melbourne so we might have to fork out some $$$.

hehehe... I won't drive it down.. I'll probably get it trailered...

And I'll have internal mods, yes... But if you think about it, they don't add any power really. Especially not at our power levels. I could strap on the GT-SS onto the stock motor and be fine...

Forged pistons, forged conrods and the rest of it doesn't add any power, it just makes the motor more reliable (and allows me to run a big hit of nitrous :D)

If the new forged internals are lighter in weight than the OEM parts, then surely the reduction in mass would result in a slight horsepower advantage? At the very least you'd expect an increase in response.

Edit: Just adding to the above... A friend/ex-work colleague of mine (Simon Butterworth) used to run an 8sec Thunderbird drag car. I recall him mentioning how they aimed for incredibly light weight internals so they could maximise horsepower. Obviously there's a big difference btw an 11sec GT-R and an 8sec drag car, but the same principles apply.

That's true Matt... Carrillo rods are VEEEEEEEEEEERY light ;) ;) :D

So maybe a slight increase in response and a little more power from reduced rotating mass :) Won't make that much of a difference though I wouldn't think... But I hope I'm wrong! :D