SAU Community

Sau A.c.t. - What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

This Arvo / Evening / Night I put new Balljoints in a spare pair of R31 Control arms I got (there was Nipple Greasing involved) :O,

pulled my Nolathane LCA bushes out of my old LCAs and put them in too.

Put the 27mm Front Swaybar back in with the FREE Nolathane D Bushes I got some months ago. (when I was sent the wrong ones).

Tightened a wheel bearing and Found and fixed a coolant leak. (I created) :rolleyes:

Was going to put in new Tierod ends but I couldn't get the old ones out. (I need me a Pickle Fork) but I think they are still ok anyway...maybe.

Steering still wanders a little but feels much tighter and direct plus less body roll. :thumbsup:

That 34 looks nice at the coast.

Finally assembled everything, and i can detail it now, also i can move the bastard out of the shed.

And i dont have sht all over the place, its all on the car, i can use the shed again for other things.

"This Arvo / Evening / Night I put new Balljoints in a spare pair of R31 Control arms I got (there was Nipple Greasing involved) :O,"

Yep, I don't mind a bit of nipple greasing, dependent on gender of course ... :wacko:

That 34 looks nice at the coast.

Thanks Mik, that was at Port Macquarie ..

so when is the big reveal Michael ?

Probably next weekend or during the week sometime.

Some polish touch ups, waxing, rubbers are getting better, a bit more on them, and a sunny day to get nice photos.

I just washed it again, pre final polish. Its weird washing a car thats not visibly dirty. But it has to have all traces of coarser polish gone.

Had a quick drive around the block a few times to warm it up. Its been a while.

Edited by D.I.Y. Mik

Madness! Yes, we need sunny day for pics. :D

I fixed the Wagz's windows washers with a better motor. Now instead of barely dribbling on the bonnet, it nearly hits you in the eye. :laugh:

Also bought a new bearing for the old Dizzy, put it in and cleaned it all up for futures...

Yep drove it from Autotech to home supercharged. Blower was stuffed so I cut my losses and started making turbo manifolds. A year later and it's almost ready to drive again lol

Edit: same forged motor, just with T04Z instead of the blower.

Just a shift kitted and manualised toyota auto with 2800 stall and a big cooler. Not sure whether to stay auto or put a manual box in when it breaks. Hopefully it lasts a while!