SAU Community

Car Blowing White Smoke

Wessy88

Hi, just got my car back from a tune and its blowing white smoke when changing gears and when coming off boost it also has a small amount at times when at idel, car is not using any coolant or oil at alI. I have also just had a new muffler and cannon welded in and also had waste gate pipe welded back into exhaust and de cat pipe, installed all before tune, car is hard to start and does not have instant acceleration also noticed alot of water in exhaust when car is running. Now I'm thinking its a bad tune and its running very rich? Any suggestions, had compression test and leak down test all came back fine?

Hi, just got my car back from a tune and its blowing white smoke when changing gears and when coming off boost it also has a small amount at times when at idel, car is not using any coolant or oil at alI. I have also just had a new muffler and cannon welded in and also had waste gate pipe welded back into exhaust and de cat pipe, installed all before tune, car is hard to start and does not have instant acceleration also noticed alot of water in exhaust when car is running. Now I'm thinking its a bad tune and its running very rich? Any suggestions, had compression test and leak down test all came back fine?

turbo seal or could be worse like issue with head gasket or something along those lines....white smoke is usally a sign of water/oil burning somewhere in the motor

if it was too rich it would be black smoke and likely to foul plugs constantly

• 4 weeks later...