SAU Community

Sau Vic 2013 Motorsport Championship Round 1 - Pi 2Nd Feb

emts

nice lap Richo, that tyre howling was a bit off putting wasnt it. you could hear it from the pits. only slicks didnt howl obviously.

well i reakon new tyres + new surface means some further supension tuning for me :wacko: appreciate any feedback I suspect front springs rate need to go up as I already have whiteline roll bars front and rear, neg 2.5 Fr and neg 1.5 R ??

post-72548-0-95987000-1359946465_thumb.png

post-72548-0-40569100-1359946488_thumb.png

thanks go to SDpics.com for the pics

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be increasing the camber on the front to -3. I know it's driven on the road though, so there is a compromise I suppose.

What rates do you have at the moment? My opinion is that 10/8 is what you want for a GTR, mines use ohlins 12/12 (basically).

Racepace like more squat in their cars and it's generally softer in the rear.

You can also play with the rake, this does wonders and I've change the height front and rear a few times now. 2-3mm makes a massive difference.

ta Richo, can run a bit more camber I think.

not sure about the rates. they are Ohlins and the springs have these numbers:

Front: 63400J1 38,04

Rear: 63400J2 38,04

I am guessing they are 4kg/mm could this be right? got no google joy on these.

also what do you mean by rake? is this castor? how much do you run?

Ohlins says 6/5.

Rake is the height difference between the front and rear axel while static. Ie 5mm nose down.

This has a large impact on the dynamics and how the car handles under braking, power and cornering.

I needed to push harder to go past the tyre squeel!! Extremely frustrating ignoring that usual feedback of the tyres saying: "the car is at it's limit, don't go any faster!"

Got to pull my finger out, if I'm going to get down to those times and join the fun.

BTW what is the background to when you played follow my leader and came off at 4 too early?

Dave in the other silver R33 had trouble stopping the car in the last 50m at turn 4 all day. When I was behind him I'd have to brake much earlier than I normally would and dive off to the right just in-case he went straight on, or brake much harder that I would have thus me ending into the back of him.

Basically I was giving him shit all day about being slow there.

He said he would eventually go straight on...and he did, ha.

I didn't realise he wasn't going to make it. I was easily going to make the turn in.

Haha.....i struggled into that turn all day.

Having not driven the car for a few months and not having ABS means im a bit easy on the brakes when i first stand on them......this costs me a lot when it comes to the last 10-15m on the anchors.

I got a little better in the later sessions but still struggled.

Getting my car to turn in there was an issue also.....the understeer on the new surface was EPIC!! But the rear grip available was EPIC in the other direction. I proded it in 2nd a few times at Honda to try and get it sliding......and it did but still took a lot of effort!!

Anyway good times!! Car will be on its way to QLD soon :-)

Cheers,

David Maden

Hey guys,

just checked natsoft for this day, who's car is doing the 1.39 lap times at phillip island on the 2/2/13??? Is this a new club record and what class is this car running???

is this time attack car or something?

It's Paul's carbon fiber R32 animal. Big Red has a 39 at the Island as well.