SAU Community

Anyone Know How To Lock The Aircon To Produce Cold Air Only? (As In Mechanically Or Heater Hoses, Etc?)

goingforadds

Hi everyone,

My blend door servo is still giving me head aches, so instead of trying to sort that out for the 3rd time, I wanted to know if anyone knew how to jimmy the aircon to just produce cold air?

I remember reading on a past thread that someone managed to do so by taking out a heater hose or something in the engine bay or possibly re-directing one to just allow cold air to flow? (can't find the thread anymore :( )

Anyway, if anyone knows anything about how to do it or know's a link of how to do so, that's be great as i'm tired of hot air right now lol

thanks

meta

Looping or blocking the heater hoses off may produce cool air, but may produce ambient air temperatures

if your already playing with the blend door, cant you just zip tie it in the cold only position or something? That is the easiest thing to do.

Looping or blocking the heater hoses off may produce cool air, but may produce ambient air temperatures

if your already playing with the blend door, cant you just zip tie it in the cold only position or something? That is the easiest thing to do.

Lol, i've actually zip tied the blend door to cold already, but i'm still get warm air

Pop the cable off the water valve and keep it in the closed position

thanks mate, and i hate to sound like noob, but where is that located lol... i'm just being wary to tread carefully, i've had enough mishaps lately lol

If you've got the flap locked to cold only, then the reason you are only getting ambient air is that your aircon may be low on gas. when you turn the aircon on, can you hear the compressor kick in? Is the aircon properly cold when the engine is cold but gets warm once the engine does? if the compressor doesn't kick in then its probably low on gas. If the aircon starts off properly cold then heats up then its the heater tap.

the aircon was recently serviced and also re-gassed, so i'm assuming it's not that

The compressor does engaged and works fine, what i'm finding is that once the aircon is on, it just blows ambient air, which rises stays at a constant warm heat.

It was working perfectly fine prior to my blend door servo motor dying

I had an airconditioning place remove the motor and "apparently lock it" in the cold position, which doesn't seem to be the case :(

as for the heater tap? sorry, you may have to explain this one too me sorry lol, not good with aircon

If you have zip tied it so the blend door is in the full cold position and ur not getting cold air then you have a problem. Are you sure its in the fully cold position?

And yeah see if your AC compressor clutch is engaging. Should be able to see the front of the compressor stationary then start spinning when the AC button is pressed on

the aircon was recently serviced and also re-gassed, so i'm assuming it's not that

The compressor does engaged and works fine, what i'm finding is that once the aircon is on, it just blows ambient air, which rises stays at a constant warm heat.

It was working perfectly fine prior to my blend door servo motor dying

I had an airconditioning place remove the motor and "apparently lock it" in the cold position, which doesn't seem to be the case :(

as for the heater tap? sorry, you may have to explain this one too me sorry lol, not good with aircon

the heater tap is to do with the coolant entering the heater unit. basically, when you turn on the heater, the tap opens and allows the warm coolant to enter the heater core. if the tap is dodgey then you will have coolant circulating through the core all the time, but this shouldn't affect the air temp too much unless the flap wasn't fully set to cold.

If you have zip tied it so the blend door is in the full cold position and ur not getting cold air then you have a problem. Are you sure its in the fully cold position?

And yeah see if your AC compressor clutch is engaging. Should be able to see the front of the compressor stationary then start spinning when the AC button is pressed on

I was under the assumption that it was, however, since i haven't had the time to pull it out, i've decided to just take it to another airconditioning place to sort it out

As for the AC clutch, it does engage, the whole system is working fine, just not producing cold air lol

the heater tap is to do with the coolant entering the heater unit. basically, when you turn on the heater, the tap opens and allows the warm coolant to enter the heater core. if the tap is dodgey then you will have coolant circulating through the core all the time, but this shouldn't affect the air temp too much unless the flap wasn't fully set to cold.

thanks for the reply mate, I'm having it checked out today, so i'll repost when (hopefully), it gets fixed, hopefully this post will help someone later in the track