SAU Community

Group A Turbo's On R32 Gtr

Hi

I have recently purchased a R32 GTR, This GTR has group A turbo's on it and it has 305kw on 18psi with 800cc injectors and PFC.

I cannot find any information about these turbos, are they ceramic/steel wheeled, are they ball bearing, what power they rated at, whats the exhaust housing size... i know nothing about them.

I am hoping someone can shed some light on exactly what specs these turbo;s are and what power i can expect if i boost them more as i have a built engine. (if its even possible)

The turbo's are defintely laggy, i dont hit full boost till about 4-4500 but it pulls pretty hard once its on.

Thanks for your help :)

Fairly certain they are a steel wheel plain bearing turbo..

from memory they are rated to around 600hp as a pair. Theres a few results in the 26 thread where theyve made around 350-360rwkw

I use to have them as my old set up and to get full boost by that rpm is about as quick as they will come on.. mine were around the 5000rpm mark

They are an average turbo and there are better options out there...

Go a big single ;)

Thanks for the reference to the 26 thread, had a look. will probably go with a set of -5's ,i want to retain the stock look as much as possible otherwise big single for sure :)

yeh around 300-350kw depending.. im after it to come on harder and hold so will upgrade to ball bearing (-5s) and sell the group a's. my target is 500hp @ wheels but i will probably get a bit less my tuner has told me, not like im gonna complain if i get 480hp at wheels lol

Also going to go with some cams and adjust to help it come on sooner and increase power.

all i need is the money now. should be good times :)

Group A could mean 2 things...

Nissan had to sell a batch of R32 GTR's reflecting the Group A racing cars.

Hence they released the R32 GTR NIsmo Editions, which consist of a Nismo Body Kit with upgraded Nismo Turbos (Steel Wheels).

Or the Group A Version:

groupaskyline5.jpg

Which had Ceramic Turbos.