SAU Community

Help! 92R32 Gtr Orc Twin Plate Clutch.

Hey everyone,

May I ask for you're advise on this? I'm new to having a twin plate clutch. Either my clutch is gone to crap or I suck at driving lol. I have driven many different manual cars for the past 10 years with no problems. So I would like to think that I'm at least decent at it by now lol. Here's the situation.

I bought the GTR from a co-worker about a month ago. He complained that he didn't like the clutch and I second his opinion!

-I have to take off really slooowwwwww.

-The grab point is all the way off the floor and is very unforgiving. If I had to describe the amount of space my foot has to move when slipping the plates it's a centimeter lol.

-And the worst part about it is! About 2 out of 10 times, the clutch makes a horrible and very loud grinding noise.

-I get the normal rattle when the peddle is depressed.

The grinding noise is what most concerns me. Judging from where the grab point is my guess is that the clutch is on it's last leg. All I know is that it's an Orc clutch/ unknown mileage.

Help!

welcome to a twin plate.....!!!!

i would suggest you remove it unless there is a reason for it being in there...IE power?? if it is a daily and can handle a single plate then do that as it will solve alot of hassles

clutch shudder is normal with these are they are basically on/off (engaged or not) specially when you get close to the biting point

There's really no need for a twin plate. My gtr is virtually stock accept for coilovers, cold air intake and power fc.

"Clutch shudder" sorry for being a newb but are your referring to the spinning rattle noise when depressing the peddle/ disengaging?

Or is that what that terrible grinding noise is when taking off? Haha it's loud enough that everyone within 25 feet will turn their head haha