SAU Community

Gurgle/boil/fluid Noises - Video

No Crust Racing

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't, as I wanted to fix the obvious leaks first.

My main concern is the dropping coolant level because I'm paranoid I haven't fixed the HG properly.

i feel ur paranoia.

INterested too see what this ends up being...

I'll have to fix the leak in the braided line first and then see how it's behaving after that.

I'm in two minds about the noise location, either there's a leak there that I just can't see or that's a spot where the air from a leak somewhere in the system accumulates and then it boils once the car is stopped.

So firstly I have to remove obvious leaks, that weep may very well be a larger leak when the car is in motion and properly hot.

Created a new issue for myself today, fixed one leak and in the process the hose twisting caused the other end to start weeping so in tightening that I snapped off the fitting....

That said, if it needs to be that tight to stop leaking then it was always going to fail.

I'll get a new fitting and get the braided hose end re-done during the week.

post-23873-0-30244200-1359863909_thumb.jpgpost-23873-0-60338500-1359863911_thumb.jpg

haha. i hear you on that.

I got to that point of finally everything sorted n then my HKS turbo let go on the dyno. Mechanic installed the wrong oil feed on it.

Guess who bore the cost of that little incident tho? u can bet no grease monkey put up his hand...

Really comes in handy when a mech makes a fatal mistake on your car and

your standing beside it when they turn the key.Newer motor for me at no cost. :yes:

for sure. N how many mechancs will let you stand near them when they work?. For exactly this reason too probably!

Had some success today.

Enzed got me sorted, I got a much better guy today.

Put it all back together tonight, even used new copper washers.

Ran it while on stands, no leaks. Took it for a drive and got it nice and hot then put it straight back up on stands, no leaks.

Switched it off, no gurgle.

I'll continue driving it to see if it's using coolant or gurgles again then hit the Dyno if it's all good.

Drove it again briefly last night, checked it this morning, I took before and after photos of the reservoir but took them on different angles.

I'll check again when I get home but I'm inclined to think the coolant level dropped a bit again =\ Hopefully it's still just air coming out but you'd have to think it'd all be gone by now so either there's still leaks (which I can't see/find) or the headgasket is still leaking...

Fluid topped up, race tape mark put on the overflow, and photo taken.

Been for a decent drive to get it nice and hot. Got back and no gurgle and level still the same, but it seems to drop as it cools so we'll see what happens.

Gave it some gas under street lights too, could not see any plumes of smoke

Jacked car up while it was still running, can't see any leaks. Put down clean white paper under the whole engine bay to try and catch any leaks.

Checked it this morning and took another pic. It appears to have dropped just a touch to me, in the first pic the fluid can be seen behind the letters in the GKTECH label but in the second pic it's just below them.

This "appears" to be a lesser drop than what I've seen, but as I filled the overflow up and the shape of the bottle opens up as it gets higher, there's more surface area when it's fuller so the drop will be less noticeable.

More driving needed and I'll roll the car back and check the paper tonight.

Before driving and after completely cooling down overnight.

post-23873-0-31288000-1360270823_thumb.jpgpost-23873-0-94875000-1360270824_thumb.jpg