SAU Community

Cruise For A Cause, Sydney Fundraising Cruise Sunday 3Rd March

Rob260

Hi all and greetings from www.aus300zx.com. Sadly, one of our members has recently experienced some significant personal and financial hardship resulting of complications during the birth of his son. Eric is a professional mechanic who has been extremely generous with his time and expertise over his many years of membership at aus300 and we are now rallying the troops to return the favour and try to provide some financial support in a very difficult time for him and his family. The full story can be found here http://www.aus300zx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=322395.

Anyway what better way for some car enthusiasts to raise coin than through a cruise and a BBQ? We as a forum are running concurrent cruises in the various states and territories on Sunday 3rd March and I would like to extend an invitaiton for members of SAU to participate in the Sydney leg.

Cruise Details

The cruise is kicking off in Blues Point on the North side of the Harbour at 10am, Sunday 3rd March.

From Blues Point we will head accross the Bridge and South to Bulli via the Princes Highway.

From Bulli we'll turn North via the coast and the Sea Cliff Bridge and head up through the Royal National Park to Bundeena for a BBQ at the Bonnie Vale picnic ground. Bonnie Vale features parking, tables, and free gas BBQs. See map below for an outline of the cruise. There will be plenty of opportunities for photos etc along the way.

Click here for a map of the cruise http://goo.gl/maps/dD2dy -I will look at having some professinally printed to offer in exchange for donations. Donations will be collected at Blues Point and Bonnie Vale, and every $$ raised will be put towards helping Eric and his family.

Please note the entry fee for the Royal National Park (to get to Bundeena) is $11. This is a National Parks fee and the fundraising effort doesn't see any of it, so please be prepared!

Wooshka (the screen name for Kylie, Eric's wife) stickers such as those pictured below will also be available.

Wooshka_zps75ad8fed.jpg

There will be opportunities to pickup members along the way, most notably in Sutherland and Bulli. If you're not from Sydney but would like to meet along the way please let me know!

We will be holding a BBQ lunch at Bonnie Vale and selling sausages and cans of drink at a very reasonable price.

Summary

Date: Sunday 3rd March

Meeting Point: Blues Point Reserve, North Sydney

Meeting Time: Cruise departs 10am. Blues point is a great location for photos etc so you may wish to turn up earlier. I know I will.

Destination: Bonnie Vale picnic area, Bundeena.

Cruise Duration: 2 hours/125km

Hope to see some of you there, even if it's only so as I can smoke a few GTRs.

Hi Rob,

* If anyone is free on 3rd March, I recommend this to be a wonderful cause to attend > contribute

* If one can't attend, after reading the first 7 pages of that link, I don't know of anyone here that wouldn't contribute a bit of moolah if they could!

Whilst reading the link above, it becomes very apparent that Eric isn't just a well respected mechanic on the 300ZX forum. He shows himself as a Dad one minute who's thrilled about his and Kylie's new arrival; to showing utter despair at his wife being clinically dead for 37 minutes > brain damage. Eric has to regroup to raise existing daughters on his own + a new baby son, whilst Kylie's brain activity falters badly. Eric is beside himself. He's had to close his beloved workshop. He's had to sell up stuff to become a full time carer/Dad! He from what I can glean, is a lovely lovely man that needs our help!!!

Thoughts and prayers I will say for Eric, Kylie and their kids in the meantime! Some of you guys have been saying "prayers" too I see.

Details of Sutherland rendezvous please? After the Exec Meeting on 6/2/13, we'll decide on how we'll parallel you guys and then merge.

And bank details for donations, are...

A/C Name: DRZED

BSB# 484.799

A/C# 053072134

This is so sad to hear. My thoughts go out to Eric and his family for this tragic life changing event.

Can I suggest a Chipin account to raise funds? It is free to set up and is an easy way to allow people to contribute. It will also allow you to take this initiative to the social networks (ie. Facebook) and get some community/social networking going.

Thanks for the responses guys!

Re a Southern Meeting Point for those wishing to join the cruise: one of the guys on our forum has suggested a vehicle inspection area on the southbound side of the Princes Hwy just before Waterfall Station. The pic below shows this area in relation to the station.

truckstop.png

Assuming we leave Blues Point on time we should arrive at Waterfall at approximately 11:00am. Allowing for late arrivals/holdups along the way I suggest we aim to leave Waterfall by 11:30, so anyone aiming to meet us there should aim to arrive at 11:00 for an 11:30 departure. We probably don't need a half hour window but it allows some wriggle room should things not go to plan and let's face it, driving through Sydney on a Sunday morning there are PLENTY of opportunities for traffic etc to go against us...

Details for BBQ/Picnic Venue

Information about Bonnie Vale can be found here http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/NationalParks/parkCamping.aspx?id=N0030#BonnieValecampground at the National Parks and Wildlife website. I expect we will arrive there between 12:45 and 1:00pm should anyone wish to meet there. Another member from the AUS300 site is organising BBQ supplies. Instructions for getting there (copied from the link above) as follows:

"Bonnie Vale campground is located on Sea Breeze Lane, Bundeena, in Royal National Park. On entering the park at Loftus, drive 25km from the entrance towards Bundeena. Travel along Bundeena Drive and turn left onto Sea Breeze Lane. For backpack campers it’s possible to take the ferry from Cronulla and arrive on foot via a 15 minute walk from Bundeena wharf"

Please note those on the cruise will be taking a slightly different route as we will be entering via the south side of the park.

Updated Map I have updated the Google Maps plan to include the stop at Waterfall, updated map can be found here http://goo.gl/maps/QlJpL

Donations: I will be collecting donations at the cruise, but for anyone who cannot attend but would still like to contribute, your (very much appreciated!) donations can be made either to the bank account or paypal address below

PayPal: [email protected]

BSB: 484-799

A/C No: 053072134

A/C Name: DRZED

Again guys thanks for the support so far, it is truly appreciated.

^ Agreed, As a father of two, you never ever think of something like that happening to your life partner, let alone during a very common procedure like that. Thoughts & Prays to you Eric. Hey Rob, have you guys considered it to be an annual run?

Hey Rob, have you guys considered it to be an annual run?

Quite possibly, I don't think many of us have thought past this initial hurdle at this stage... At the moment we're aiming to get concurrent cruises up and running in all states. Provided it goes well, and people are around to keep running it, I don't see why this could happen annually.

Definitely in for this. I've always had that daunting thought of having my partner passing away or being permanently disabled as a result from childbirth, let alone any other reasons. I don't know anyone that's been in this situation personally but I know it can happen to anyone.

Hi Rob,

Can I suggest, given how many cars will be coming - would a better meet point at Sutherland be just before the Sutherland entrance to the National park at Loftus Oval?

It has a big car park with at least 100+ spaces!

N1GTR aka Steve-0 has assembled cars for SAU Cruises before along Waratah St (near the corner of Bath Rd) Kirrawee.

I think it's a good spot, as you can park 90 degrees on both sides.

Perhaps Is128's suggestion is better still with less stop lights interfering!

More will be revealed on SAU Events on 7/2/13, I believe.

Hi Guys, Loftus may be a better meeting point and has been suggested elsewhere. The only hesitation there is last time a member (on AUS site) planned a cruise meetup there it turned out to be some kind of sports day and the carpark was packed! I'm not sure if there will be any events on for a Sunday in March? I have tried to find out if it will be footy season etc but haven't had much success...

Not sure how many cars to expect? Responses so far indicate roughly 20, but hey I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised :)

Just trying to get an idea of how many might be attending... please add/remove yourself from the list as needed
:)

1. Terry_GT-R34

2. ls128

3. 533 RYC

4. UKGTR

5. xntrq

6. RisofBrutality

Robert,

As Terry indicated the execs are meeting this week and we will be in contact and post up more info once we've had a chance to discuss.

We also find that post confirmations are not a good indication of attendance. Our Putty Rd. Cruise for instance rarely gets 20-30 responses in the forums but usually has 60-100 cars show up.

Honestly re loftus car park, not sure what month the football starts up, maybe call the team (can't remember the name that uses that oval). There's also Cricket there in the summer months..

Worst case, can have 30+ cars pulled over before the enterance to the National park, done it many times before!!

Another option, kind of off the track is Holsworthy train station car park - then Illawarra bypass to sutherland enterance!