SAU Community

Pic Request - Fuel Lid / Boot Latch

konect

Hey guys,

I can't re-mount the latch for the boot release and fuel lid and I suspect it is missing a clip.

Can someone take a pic of the latch from the inside of the boot and also with the fuel lid open?

Thanks!

So hard to explain! Its the part where the 2 cables join that has the white plastic spring that forms the release for the fuel lid.

Basically just trying to work out how it is mounted as mine is floating around in the boot at the moment. It looks like it clips in somehow but mine stay there so I suspect 'something' is missing.

Let me know if that's makes sense, if not ill take pics.

On mine, the fuel release is screwed in, put I've seen push in types with a spring clip on the end rather than a thread.

24xnncy.jpg

** MEANT TO SAY PLASTIC NUT, NOT SCREW :rolleyes:

The fuel lid release appears to be the only part that keeps the bracket mounted firmly.

24eue85.jpg

If you need more pics let me know.

Edited by Nic_A31

Awesome! That's perfect. Mine is missing the plastic nut and looks like the thread has snapped off.

Is the U12 part mentioned in the parts list a direct replacement for the plastic bit? Might have to see what Nissan are asking for them.

• 1 year later...

Awesome! That's perfect. Mine is missing the plastic nut and looks like the thread has snapped off.

Is the U12 part mentioned in the parts list a direct replacement for the plastic bit? Might have to see what Nissan are asking for them.

Bump. Can anyone confirm this or does anyone have a plastic release for sale? Need one by next week.

cant confirm but i'd say its a universal thing that most nissans from that era would use as no point for nissan making it just for the ceffy

head to deer park wreckers or the nearest that has nissans

Thanks guys,

Ended up finding one on a Ford Corsair (same shape as a U12 Pintara) in Melton. I was super excited, removed it and took it home only to realise the Pintara/Corsair have a passenger side filler and Cefiro has a drivers side.

This meant the little angled piece was facing the wrong way. The plastic piece can be rotated but it requires grinding out the little stud that holds one of the arms together. I did this, rotated the arm, but it back together and then put a small bolt and nyloc nut through the hole to secure it together.

$20 later and I have a working fuel lid and boot again (took me a while to work out the boot as the safety latch keeps dropping down on its own...)