SAU Community

gotta new clutch and got some questions

wassup people!!...

just got a new clutch put in the car (R33 GTS4 RB25DE)

brand: Exedy Sports Tuff Performance Clutch Kit

part no: 5028WHD (clutch kit) / ISD104US (clutch disc)

cost: $600

anyways, the clutch feels like its gripping alot better and i dont feel the usual shudder i used to feel with the old clutch, the old clutch was a brand called RPM i dont recommend this brand as it didnt last to long and didnt give a good bite in any gear!!.... but if your after a cheap clutch to get you going then get it i guess... it cost me about $250-$300, cant really remember.

i was just wondering if any of you have put on a similar heavy duty clutch on your car, and if u have did u find it hard to get used to the new feel??? at the moment im finding the clutch to be reallllly sensative and i tend to stall, over rev or hop the car!?!?... just wanna know if this is normal for heavy duty clutches?

thanks

carlo

• 1 month later...

Yeah i put an exedy heavy duty clutch about 20,000km ago. It takes a little while to get used to it, but it will eventually wear in and not be as tight. At first it does grip and jolt a lot.... and your constantly concentrating on avoiding stalling!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hearin ya.... im approaching 500 k's on the wear in of my Heavy Duty Clutch (non brand name) it was a little hoppy and shakey at first... but now it's gripping well.

Soon to increase boost to see how it goes....:D