SAU Community

mysfit snow trip 2003

Guest 33GTS25

I guess it all depends how quickly the club gets goin...I hope we could all get together heaps earlier...maybe even next year?

Realistically, we have 6 months left of this year to get the club organised, and we really should have a national meet every year...so our first one could be next year :wink:

Too ambitious?? :)

hell, I'm just enthusiastic :wink:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it all depends how quickly the club gets goin...I hope we could all get together heaps earlier...maybe even next year?

Realistically, we have 6 months left of this year to get the club organised, and we really should have a national meet every year...so our first one could be next year :wink:

Too ambitious?? :)

hell, I'm just enthusiastic :wink:[/quote:6af250924c]

I'm enthusiastic too Shell. Let's get the club started first and we'll throw together a committee with a rep from each state. How about we shoot for April or May. A bit colder in April so a long trip would be bearable by our cars.

Guest 33GTS25

shell, one of the main reasons that i proposed new zealand is that we can all get together as a national body and i think that it would be cheaper than trying to get everyones car to targa, especially for accomodation when there aren't that many hotels in tassie anyway.

i think the commitment level should be shared, i.e we all fly to nz

if we go tassie, then melbourne guys will love it while those of us that have to drive from qld or perth may not come because of time constraints driving there and back, perth guys are going to find it hard enough either way but flying would certainly make life a bit easier for them even though they may have to pay a bit more for travel. once we get to nz we can always split the costs of hire cars etc and designated driver responsibilities

rod

How about we shoot for April or May. A bit colder in April so a long trip would be bearable by our cars.[/quote:70fe246b67]

Long Easter weekend :) how's that sound? everyone gets four days off so it's the perfect time :wink:

I'm definately keen now, I think NZ is a go. The car trip could be later on, and be a full club thing, but I think the group of people that are here now would make a pretty good group to travel. Except porgie...he smells :wink:

Guest 33GTS25

believe me when i say that, birty's ass is not an experience any of you need to be exposed to(no pun intended) shell will back me up on this

rod

Guest 33GTS25

guys and lovely ladies, i have been communicatiing with zsky from tassie and i am afraid that it would be impractical for us to travel tassie

there is no shell optimax or bp ultimate any where in the state, you can buy PULP at $1.60 a litre but you have to buy it direct from the local subaru dealer, although i think that would be piss funny, 40 odd skylines lined up in the scooby shop

so in my opinion, we should attack the kiwis instead, i am however, open to suggestion

rod

believe me when i say that, birty's ass is not an experience any of you need to be exposed to(no pun intended) shell will back me up on this [/quote:1e8dd91775]

Well I dunno, Birty's ass was kinda cute :)

but in my sleep deprieved state, i could have been imagining it :roll:

meant to take a pic the second time (YES folks, he did it twice) but....unfortunately I have no photo evidence :x

um anyway, back on topic...I was thinking Rod, I'll be keen on the NZ thing, whether it was ski season or not....we would have heaps of fun either way. Where abouts are the ski fields?

here is a NZ map for anyone that might like a look:

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/mapshells/aust...new_zealand.htm

Guest 33GTS25

hi shell, if you have a look at my original post there is a link to one of the deals that harvey world travel has to queenstown, which is reputed to be the best skiing in the southern hemisphere.

mind you, i guess we dont have to go in ski season but as i said before there are at least a few people on here who have never even seen snow.

Snow is that white stuff right ? I can just see it now, boarding down the side of a slope, everyone tuning for max performance, birty mooning the mountain side and landing flat on his ass resulting in frozen buttocks ...... Lets do it !!! and of course Shell, we'll need all the champa's we can muster to keep warm :!:

lol :lol:

goon is the best drink ever, however in the morning you dont feel so well

you can have heaps of fun with it too. you can:

1) play the good game-see how long you can scull it while lying on the floor

2) play good of fortune- attached to a clothes line spin it around and who ever the goon lands next to has to drink some, or

3) after a big night out use the goon bag as a pillow

Goon=Good